Euro Drafting and Trading at the end of the year.

Started by Holz, May 29, 2012, 03:15:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Holz

Ok so alot of people have been asking and this is my plan for how the drafting will occur this year. Its open to change and imrpovement and any advice would be helpful but at this stage this is the plan.

Ok so first thing is that squads size will be increased this year you will have your list of 35 that you already have but you can add a rookie list of 6 players. Just an explanation of the rookie list, it will work basically like the real one and when one of your players is placed on the LTI list than you can replace them with the rookie. So for my team when Lecras went down i coudl have brought a player of my rookie list.  The plan is also for a mid season upgrade so you if you have no injuries you can take a guy of your rookie list and have 5 instead of 6 and 36 in your sqaud not 35. Need to read a litle more into the rookie list rules. But i think a mid season upgrade is good as if you have a star in the sqaud it would be frustrating not being able to play them.

Now the plan is that you take your 5 (or less if you skip) picks in the national draft and for this year you will have a max of 40 players so if you want you can keep your squad as it is. However to particpate in the rookie draft where leftover afl players will be you will need less than 40 pplayers to participate in this draft. This is the time where you drop players and every player you drop will be avilable for others to poach in the rookie draft.

So lets say i take my 5 picks in the national draft I have 40 players but i want to pick up Luke Parker in the rookie draft, I delist Kane Cornes and Pick up Parker. But PB my want Cornes so he takes him in the draft.

Now this part im still not sure and thats trading. You will be able to trade picksand im thinking of capping it at a max of 10 players leaving your club. I was originally thinking of having trade period the same as the real one but that may be too short and also it seems sensible to be able to trade after the natinoal draft and before the rookie draft.

So based on that there are 3 options with the last being the one im currenty going with.
1. Just one week in trade week (dont like this but is realisitic)
2. Can trade whenever you want in the offseason
3. Trading just before the national draft and a week after and than the rookie draft happens. Than a restricted trade period for 1 week DPP comes out.  So probably a limit of 4 players moved in the restricted.

With the last one you can fix up any DPP changes that cripple your team but the skill in trading will be in the unrestricted (or less restricted) trade period around the drafts.

With the trading in the draft trading round you will be able to trade 3 players for 1 if you want to but as soon as the rokoie draft occurs you must do 1 for 1 or 2 for 2 trades. This means if say I want lots of rookie draft picks i could trade 3 players and get 1 instead of delisting players.

Still working on it but this is the plan message back with things you like dont like. Or anyway way you would improve it. I will take it all into consideration.

Justin Bieber

I recon trade whenver in the off-season.

But how many traded players can you have??

Holz

Quote from: whatlez on May 29, 2012, 03:30:25 PM

The plan is a max of 10 players moving from your sqaud, like this year but with 10 instead of 6.

elephants

I like it. Only got to the 5th line until my ADD kicked in but from what I can gather it looks good!

I assume the draft order be determined by the ladder?

Holz

Quote from: elephants on May 29, 2012, 03:43:34 PM
I like it. Only got to the 5th line until my ADD kicked in but from what I can gather it looks good!

yeah, and than finals performance for the top 8.

Made sure it was long as i wanted to try and cover as much as possible.

elephants

Quote from: Holzman on May 29, 2012, 03:45:16 PM

Okay sweet!

*I don't have ADD.

Ziplock

Quote from: whatlez on May 29, 2012, 03:30:25 PM

yeah, I agree with off season.

Scrads

Looking like a very good plan so far Holz, nicely done. These are my questions at this stage:

1) Will both drafts have the same order ? Is the wooden spoon going to get effectively 2 #1 picks ?

2) will the rookie draft have a cap on how many non-rookie players we can take like last year ? That rule annoyed me to no end =P

3) are the rookie draft picks tradeable ?

Holz

Quote from: elephants on May 29, 2012, 03:46:13 PM

Okay sweet!

*I don't have ADD.

watch out though the team with the best youth are looking like they will have pick 1 and 2 so we should be dominating in a few years. unless we are like melbourne and have all the youth and still suck.

elephants

Quote from: Holzman on May 29, 2012, 03:48:18 PM

Okay sweet!

*I don't have ADD.

watch out though the team with the best youth are looking like they will have pick 1 and 2 so we should be dominating in a few years. unless we are like melbourne and have all the youth and still suck.

True. I am kinda concerned about Zip. Has been smashed by injuries this year but has some awesome youth coming through and its likel some high picks to go with that...

Holz

Quote from: Scrads on May 29, 2012, 03:47:49 PM
Looking like a very good plan so far Holz, nicely done. These are my questions at this stage:

1) Will both drafts have the same order ? Is the wooden spoon going to get effectively 2 #1 picks ?

2) will the rookie draft have a cap on how many non-rookie players we can take like last year ? That rule annoyed me to no end =P

3) are the rookie draft picks tradeable ?

thanks scrads knew i missed some things.

1. Yes the plan was the draft the same order so yes 2 number 1 picks. Not sure if this is overpowered but from what i have seen in a DT comp a number 1 pick isnt as powerful in a draft as in real life.  Because its harder to find a good DT player than a good player in my opinion.

2. No rookies cap you can go anyone you want

3. rookie drafted picks are tradeable so if you dont want any and you have a high pick you will be able to get rid of it.

Holz

Quote from: elephants on May 29, 2012, 03:49:36 PM

Okay sweet!

*I don't have ADD.

True. I am kinda concerned about Zip. Has been smashed by injuries this year but has some awesome youth coming through and its likel some high picks to go with that...

not scared about me? I have had Mummy, Lecras, Schnieder out for most of the season and Gubbs stuck in the mids. Not to forget i get the Jaeger Bomb next year!!!!!

elephants

Quote from: Holzman on May 29, 2012, 03:52:09 PM

Okay sweet!

*I don't have ADD.

not scared about me? I have had Mummy, Lecras, Schnieder out for most of the season and Gubbs stuck in the mids. Not to forget i get the Jaeger Bomb next year!!!!!

Yeah, I guess you'll be kinda worrying.

With Jaeger Bomb coming in you won't need Priddis anymore will you...?

Holz

Quote from: elephants on May 29, 2012, 03:53:30 PM
Quote from: Holzman on May 29, 2012, 03:52:09 PM

Okay sweet!

*I don't have ADD.

Yeah, I guess you'll be kinda worrying.

With Jaeger Bomb coming in you won't need Priddis anymore will you...?

thats exactly why he is getting traded.

elephants

Cool!

Where do we stand on tanking? Yay or Nay?

Not that we will... Just teams could if they wanted too and thus steal all the best picks in next year SUPER DRAFT...