Main Menu

2012 so far!

Started by aces-high, May 16, 2012, 01:46:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

aces-high

I made a post about there being genuine optimism at tigerland this year and so far i am not disappointed!
-Rd 1 we were right in it all game and had a chance with martin having a shot in the last to even up/or go in front on the scoreboard. It was a 44 point loss but carlton kicked 6 goals in the last 10 mins so imo the scoreboard didnt reflect how well we played.
Rd 2 we were blown away by a dale thomas whirlwind and some of the best football i have seen from a team in the AFL. In 5 mins the pies kicked 6 goals, besides that i think we were the better team and actually outscored them in the other 110 mins of the game.
Rd 3 needed a win and did a good job in beating the Dees by 10 goals :) the signs that ivan was gonna be a great pick up were established in this game as we saw he was the right big man we needed.
-Rd4 i was a bit worried we would get smashed going to play geelong at geelong, but boy was i wrong. We outplayed the cats for the whole match imo, but the experience of players in bartel and enright in the last qtr got them over the line by 10 points :/ rance and grimes in this game showed me they defs have the right tools to be a great chb/fb combibation for us over the next 10 years!
-Rd 5 going to Etihad i had alot of confidence we could beat the eagles. It was a fantastic game of footy to watch and once again a better team in the clutch of the game got over the line. Morris really impressed me this game and has proved so far he is the right hard nut defender we have been craving for years. In years to come we will start winning these type of games and To play finals we really need to start getting the 4 points.
-Rd 6 making the trip to port i thought was going to be a danger game. Last year when we had a good run, our game up at darwin against port wrecked our momentum and season. Our first qtr put all the doubt out of my mind and we did well in getting the 4 points :) j roo kicked 4 and i reckon this might of been the game to turn his season. Our mids are underated the likes of Foley, Tuck, Grigg and Conca by years end will hopefully get the accolades they deserve and hopefully playing in the finals.
-Rd 7 versus Sydney. Our task was always going to be easier without mummy and goodes playing for the swans, but the way in which we played and went about winning was refreshing and great to watch :D our spread was amazing and grimes played his best game of the year imo and should be a great chance of winning the rising star. Maric is now a cult figure and has to be in line to be the all australian ruckmen.
Momentum is great and something important for us into going into dream time at the g against a red hot bombers! People are asking questions saying they have heard it all before from the Tigers but whilst dimma is at the Tigers i think we need to start bein taken seriously and dealt with respect! We have had the hardest draw in the AFL this year so far so we are only going to get better :) stay on board tiger fans the dawn of a new era ia arising and we are hopefully going to see some sustained success over the next few years. Led by Deledio, Cotchin, Rance, Maric, Martin, Riewoldt, Grigg (been awesome in 2012), Houli, Newman and Grimes and co we have a bright future :D
Ps sorry if there is any poor grammar or parts u cant underatand. This was all written on my i phone so hopefully u have enjoyed the read and can share ur opinions. Cheers everyone and Go Tigers!!

coolfugitiv0

The Tiges did play well yesterday.
And they probably should've won last week against my boys (as much as I hate to admit it!)

I want them to make the eight this year for poor Newman's sake :P

Cicjose

Usman

This is the first year i have had real optimism from the tiges in my 9 years of membership.We are creating real depth and balance and have the superstars to take us deep into finals within the next few years. last night win against the saints was more satisfying than the win against Hawthorn beacuae it shows that we know how to win and can win under pressure and expectation.