Main Menu

How is it going Carlton?

Started by AFEV, April 21, 2012, 05:25:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ossie85

Happy 10th anniversary Carlton.

Fantastic last 10 years, 3 wooden spoons, and you're still manage to rort the salary cap (Judd sponsorship payments)

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/blues-rort-fine-right-jackson-20120724-22nir.html

Cruiseon

You are a bad man Ossie. I love it!

This article does has some inherent inaccuracies though not least "The salary-cap breaches were committed under the presidency of John Elliott and would contribute to the Blues enduring their darkest era, from which they have only recently emerged."

Interesting that sitting in 11th position with a coach about to get sacked and their best player suspended for bringing the game into disrepute is regarded as emrging from dark times.

Cicjose

if you cant organise yourself off the pitch why would you expect them to be organised on it?

blue

smashed the bombers, pies lose to north. been a tough year but still got a chance to make the 8. get on the blues train

My Chumps

Quote from: Jukes on April 22, 2012, 01:30:06 AM
I reckon Bombers-Blues is a quite likely chance of a preliminary of even grand final for this year.
Hahahahahahahaha, the optimism!  :P

roo boys!

Quote from: My Chumps on August 19, 2012, 06:02:11 PM
Quote from: Jukes on April 22, 2012, 01:30:06 AM
I reckon Bombers-Blues is a quite likely chance of a preliminary of even grand final for this year.
Hahahahahahahaha, the optimism!  :P
Haha ;D

Mat0369

It is going to come down to the Saints Blues game. Carlton have a better percentage then Freo, play GC this week, Freo play North who are likely to win, then Freo will make up percentage by smashing the Dees. If the Blues beat the Saints they should be in the 8, pity they will have to come off a short week to play the Eagles in Perth on a Friday night who are lucky to finish 5th.

fidou

Just got back from Melbourne today. On Saturday was living the dream watched the blues beat the bombers by 96 at the Gee and then went to Etihad and saw the wobbles get flogged by the Roos. Ah life is good atm.

fidou

Quote from: Sid on April 21, 2012, 05:25:36 PM
Well, the ever so thoughtful Q made one for Collingwood last week. So I thought I'd return the favour! :)

Essendon 15.19 109 def. Carlton 11.13 79

Essendon!
Hows it going Essendon. Its a bit arrogant to start a thread after a win Sid but its always going to end up biting you in the arse. And isn't great fellow blues supporters!!!

ossie85

How's it going at both Essendon or Carlton? I sometimes lose track of teams outside the 8....

TheMailman

Quote from: ossie85 on August 22, 2012, 01:02:15 PM

How's it going at both Essendon or Carlton? I sometimes lose track of teams outside the 8....

Putting them back in their place Os!

Cruiseon

Ba da boom!

fidou

Quote from: Cruiseon on August 22, 2012, 04:49:39 PM

Ba da boom!

Just a quiet dig back at Sid who started this thread when we lost to Essendon earlier in the year. OK where not in the eight but next week we will be and who knows we may give it a shake for the finals. its the most open finals race for years. Colliewobbles last week, Sydney look good, Adelaide who knows, West Coast look ok if they get home finals, Hawks may get buddyitas, Cats well they know how, Roos look awsome atm, Freo out if they dont beat roos next week.
This finals series looks great so bring it on.