Main Menu

Injury List

Started by Ringo, April 13, 2012, 10:43:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Capper

ouch, thats no good.

Obviously more games for Hudson then

Ringo

He is listed as indefinite until he gets out of rehab and starts running.  Then Lions will get an idea on return dates. In an interview Berger said he will be stepping up after Round 11 so may be back for the last half dozen games.

Capper

Surely they wont rush him though as lions i dont think will make finals so they wont push him, with Longer and Hudson there??

Ringo

http://www.lions.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/5085/newsid/136578/default.aspx

Agree Tabs - Medical staff have already said taking no risks.  Was only conveying the context of his interview.

Ringo

Lions Injury list 29/5/2012

Simon Black (knee) 2 weeks
Jesse O'Brien (groin) 2-3 weeks
Todd Banfield (Stress reaction - Fibula) 6 weeks
Matthew Leuenberger (Achilles) â€" indefinite
Brent Staker (Knee) â€" season

Black 2 weeks no real concern as Lions have bye next week.

elephants

Still don't like the look of Leuy as indefinite...

Part of we wants him to take the rest of the year off so he is dirt cheap for DT/SC but I'd like to see him back out there at some point because I like him as a player...

Ringo

Quote from: elephants on May 30, 2012, 08:38:08 PM
Still don't like the look of Leuy as indefinite...

Part of we wants him to take the rest of the year off so he is dirt cheap for DT/SC but I'd like to see him back out there at some point because I like him as a player...
Lions have listed him as indefinite mainly due to the fact they do not want to put a timetable on return until he starts running possibly about Round 12.  If I was part of the selection committee I would not want to rush him back unless he is fully 100%. Hudson and Longer provide good coverage with Sauce pinch hitting.

Ringo

http://www.lions.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/5085/newsid/141161/default.aspx

Injury list updated 9/7/12
Jarrod Polec (foot) - test
Matt Maguire (elbow) - test
Matthew Leuenberger (achilles) - 1-2 weeks
Mitch Golby (foot) - 3-4 weeks
Ash McGrath (leg) - season
Brent Staker (knee) - season
Brad Harvey (ankle) - season
Bryce Retzlaff (knee) -season

Good news on the Maguire front listed as test so may be in line this week.

Berger coming back as well.

Capper

Goose would be a great inclusion although i dont know if Polec makes the team even if he is fit atm.

Was Polec dropped or is he out of the team through injury??? I thought he was dropped??

On a side note, this is starting to look like a swans forum (another cheer for you Ringo)

Ringo

Polec was out because of injury and was the sub against Melbourne.

Capper

Quote from: Ringo on July 11, 2012, 05:56:27 PM
Polec was out because of injury and was the sub against Melbourne.
what about against the roos??

BB67th

Polec would have to be ahead of Stiller, Crisp and Beams wouldn't he?

Ringo

Not sure on that one BB - Beams probably has more upside than Polec and remember Beams was picked prior to Polec early in the season before his injury.

Ringo

List updated as at 16/7/12

Jesse O'Brien (groin) - TBC
Billy Longer (knee) - 1-2 weeks
Matthew Leuenberger (achilles) - 1-2 weeks
Mitch Golby (foot) - 2 weeks
Ash McGrath (leg) - season
Brent Staker (knee) - season
Brad Harvey (ankle) - season
Bryce Retzlaff (knee) -season

Longer is an addition to the list hurt his knee in reserves and will spend a week or 2 on the sidelines.

Hagebear

Do u think the berger will play again this year. His achillies seems to keep being delayed and with only 7 weeks to go, depending on wether the Lions are still in the finals race do u think they might put him on ice. Would be cheap as chips next year.