Who are you considering from Collingwood in SC next year?

Started by Hawks_1976, November 25, 2009, 01:26:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hawks_1976

Not much for me to get excited about with Collingwood to be honest.

Pendlebury will definetly be in the mix.

I'll be watching Ben Reid and Sean Rusling as cheapie options preseason.

2Fat2Old

CFC 1979

2Fat2Old

Malthouse openly said last year Presti was first named every week when fully fit. Wonder if he has that same confidence when it comes to DT/SC. ???

tony73

Kangamagic

Scott Pendlebury, Heath Shaw, Rusling (Will keep track on him during preseason/NAB cup and might take a risk - even though he has history with his shoulder injury)

Magic

Rusty Beam

Must admit there are only a few guys in the SC mix for me.

Heater is always an option. I think he started to get back to his best near the end of the season.

Jolly could definately be an option. However, exactly how he is used by MM and how he performs under the Pies style is uncertain.

Beams/Sidebottom could come on further this year. But probably best to stear clear from the second year blues.

Potential cash cows are Rusling (AKA the glassman) and Reid (as I said potential). I see both getting reguarly games assuming Rusling stays uninjured. Reid was groomed in the VFL last year to move to CHB (bye bye Leroy the spud) where he performed superbly. Nath Brown is training well but more suited to VB and will have to wait for Presti to either fall over or retire.

Rusling has supposedly been training the house down. But for him it is just a matter of staying on the park. If he can do that (a big if), he is a better option up forward for the pies than JA. Playing along side him in the square on the second best defender, he could be anything.

Guys I have at the moment though are... Pendles and Rusling. Will watch Reid and Ball closely in the Nab cup and also keep a watchfull eye on medders (Cheap price due to injuries last year... unsure what's happening this preseason due to conflicting reports).

ulahoopski

Locked:- Pendlebury
Likely:- Shaw
Considering:- Ball, Jolly, Buckley, Didak, McCarthy, Macaffer, Rusling, Sidebottom

MissPies

Quote from: 2Fat2Old on December 01, 2009, 07:53:37 AM
Malthouse openly said last year Presti was first named every week when fully fit. Wonder if he has that same confidence when it comes to DT/SC. ???
Presti is an awesome back he just never touches the ball lol

Prospector_1

CFC 1979

Justin Bieber

CFC 1979

Presti can get a bit confused. :P

Maybe he will get more points by hitting Ball ;)