Main Menu

2012 Team Analysis: WEIGHT

Started by afightingfury.com, March 21, 2012, 11:51:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

afightingfury.com

Welcome to my team analysis for the upcoming 2012 season.  In this series I will be analysing each team´s rank within the AFL in terms of weight, height, age and games played.  I will also go a step further to break down the analysis between defense, midfield, attack and ruck.

So lets kick off the season by going in depth in to each team´s weight analysis.  You can find the full post at my blog.

In each position we are no worse than 7th position (defense) and our highest ranking is 3rd in the midfield and overall it gives us a ranking of 2 in the AFL!

This shows that our list is one of the strongest in the AFL which may be surprising to some!  Lets have a look at the breakdown by position.

Our heaviest players are our two rookies, Wright and Darrou. They are followed by Rance and Post.

In the weight to height ratio that I have come up with (weight less height + 100) this calculates a player´s body mass with a score of zero being an acceptable AFL level.

At the top of the list was as Wright (+8), Darrou (+7) and Houli(+4). They are followed by 6 players who are on level terms (0) which means that we have a decent weight in defense without being overly strong which is evident by our 7th ranking.

The heaviest player is Tuck followed by Jackson and Arnot.

In the weight to height ratio Arnot leads the way (+7) followed equally by Tuck, Jackson and Foley (+3) and White on (+2). Martin and Cotchin are on -1.  Our midfield is physically strong within the AFL due to our depth in this department.

The heaviest player is Griffiths followed by Miller, Vickery and Riewoldt.

In the weight to height ratio King leads the way (+4) followed by Miller and MacDonald (+2) and Maric and Griffiths (0).  Riewoldt has a score of -2 and Vickery -5.

Our starting forwards are decent but Vickery needs to beef up.

Graham is the heaviest followed by Browne and Maric.

In the weight to height ratio the ranking Graham leads the way (+5 ) followed by Browne and Maric (+2).
Overall our ruck depth is excellent.

Justin Bieber

That nice work. Damn the GC are small :(.  Wow cloke and lake are fat haha

meow meow

Interesting stuff.
Cordy will play full forward this year and he's 104kg. We need him to represent us so we can be the fat club.