Main Menu

EXV TRADING MANAGER

Started by The F.A.R.K., March 12, 2012, 08:13:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Torpedo10

Quote from: TheMailman on March 13, 2012, 10:21:02 PM
I wouldn't think that tanking is an issue seeing as at least 7-8 people are all viable options to win in with the rest close behind but a little bit off.

You never know at End of season people might give up and go for draft picks.

TheMailman

What's the difference between the "main draft" and the "national draft"?

I would of thought it would just be the National one and then the preseason/rookie one where you can only pick 2 prelisted players again?

The F.A.R.K.

as much as i like neale and magner, the bashers will have the last pick in the draft so these guys will be gone. We have our sights set on other guns and listed players

meow meow

Why bother having seperate drafts? Throw all the leftovers from this year in with next year's 18 year olds.

elephants

Quote from: meow meow on March 13, 2012, 10:29:21 PM
Why bother having seperate drafts? Throw all the leftovers from this year in with next year's 18 year olds.
This feels weird but +1 meow?

Hahahahah your dp :P

CrowsFan

Quote from: Torpedo10 on March 13, 2012, 10:17:13 PM
Quote from: CrowsFan on March 13, 2012, 10:09:12 PM
Quote from: Torpedo10 on March 13, 2012, 10:02:25 PM
With The sub I will allow you to get maximum points even if there not the same position you subbed them in for. so if ur sub is Goddard(example) and u want to sub out Chapman and u named Chapman in the fwds that round I would allow Goddard to get full points. The sub can only be subbed in before he plays. If u saw Chappy got an bad score(example) and goddard had played(his sub) u couldn't sub Goddard in BUT if Goddard hadn't played yet you could sub him in. I hope  this answers your questions.  :)
That's so stupid torp!! That means people can name their team and have a mid as their sub who should score higher than a defender, and so before the mid plays he subs him on for the defender meaning they only have 3 defenders playing and 5 mids (plus the utilities). A sub should only be able to come on in the same position as the one they are replacing.
Ah, sorrry CF thought that's what the Worlds did, my bad  :-[  Ohk I'll change that to what CF and PB said.  :)
Yeah but what you can do if subbing off a defender for a mid is if there is a defender listed as a utility then you move him back to defense and then the mid becomes a utility ;)

The F.A.R.K.

Quote from: elephants on March 13, 2012, 10:30:26 PM
Quote from: meow meow on March 13, 2012, 10:29:21 PM
This feels weird but +1 meow?

Hahahahah your dp :P

hahahahahahahaha best dp ever meow rofl that is so flucking good hahaha

just chuck em all in. Im keen on some 18 year olds and some listed guys we have our shortlist at the bashers and mr ele will be revising this over this season

Holz

I wouldn't think that tanking is an issue seeing as at least 7-8 people are all viable options to win in with the rest close behind but a little bit off.

im thinking of a lottery system, so finishing last doesn't necessarily give you number 1 pick but increases your chances like in the NBA. I dont think anyone will tank as they will get bagged out for having a bad team and also if anyone is tanking i will question there picks. It easy to tank in real football but if you playing lots of 60 average players over 80 average players there has to be a good reason.

nostradamus

Quote from: Holzman on March 14, 2012, 12:20:16 AM

im thinking of a lottery system, so finishing last doesn't necessarily give you number 1 pick but increases your chances like in the NBA. I dont think anyone will tank as they will get bagged out for having a bad team and also if anyone is tanking i will question there picks. It easy to tank in real football but if you playing lots of 60 average players over 80 average players there has to be a good reason.

l think the lottery system is the way to go holz, something along the lines of 1 shot in the lottery for 1st and all the way down to 10 chances for last

elephants

I'm not brave enough to tank. What if I tank for two year, get all the good picks then the comp breaks down cos dare I say it FF breaks down or people leave..?

Torpedo10

Quote from: Holzman on March 14, 2012, 12:20:16 AM

The Lottery Option is the way to go. best option around so hopefully people don't tank. I doubt anyone would.  :)

PowerBug

What, you serious!?!?!?

It's a draft, last gets first pick, 2nd last gets second pick etc...

This is meant to follow the AFL if it can, and this is one place where it can.

TheMailman

Quote from: PowerBug on March 14, 2012, 06:37:13 PM
What, you serious!?!?!?

I sort of agree with PB on this one.

Although I don't properly understand the "lottery draft" thing. Just from the name it sort of makes the game less about skill, knowledge

PowerBug

And even if people do tank, A) it is obvious that they are tanking. B) We can laugh at the tankers as they are losing. C) tanking for draft picks doesn't always pay off.

Holz

Quote from: TheMailman on March 14, 2012, 08:07:29 PM
Quote from: PowerBug on March 14, 2012, 06:37:13 PM
What, you serious!?!?!?

I sort of agree with PB on this one.

Although I don't properly understand the "lottery draft" thing. Just from the name it sort of makes the game less about skill, knowledge

lottery draft is for example the six teams who dont make the finals the person who finishes last gets a 6/21 chance of getting pick 1 and the person who finishes 9th gets a 1/21 chance. They do it in the NBA to discourage tanking.

I think i will keep it how it is, i dont think anyone really wants to come last