1 Trade Dilemma

Started by Hydra, August 17, 2009, 12:57:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hydra

1 Trade Dilemma

So I got into the next round of the finals...I'm in a moderate league (well, the top 4 are moderate, averaging 2000 or so..) and my average is around 1900. I scored 2133 this week, 3rd highest. I am against the 4th highest scorer.

1 trade left, I need advice on who to buy and for whom. Trading a cheap bench player will not get me the points I need. I will be trading this week and hoping I get no injuries for the grand final should I win.

Newman
Hurn
Drummond
Fisher
Johncock
Broughton
Bevan
(Prestigiacomo, M Maguire)

Dal Santo
J Selwood
Judd
S Mitchell
Bartel
Beams
(S Harding, Muston)

Kreuzer
Gardiner
(COX, Skipper)

Riewoldt
Davis
A Davey
Franklin
Betts
Mooney
Krakouer
(L Jetta, Johnston)

Possible Trades:

Beams --> Mclean, C Cornes, Haselby, S Thompson, Lockyer
Cox --> Sandilands/Clarke (Substitute Gardiner)
Krakouer --> Stokes, Byrnes

I'm thinking Cox --> Sandilands.

Any other thoughts? Other ideas welcome too. I will be trading in the AM on Friday.

Thaks all, and CARN THE DONS!

Prospector_1

Hydra

Sorry, forgot to mention I only have 41k in the bank.

EDIT. What about Stevie J?

Prospector_1

Betts to Porps, Rioli or McPhee then.

Which Johnston is on your bench? Travis?

SJ only if you trust his hip.

Though Sandis ave instead of Gardiners sure looks a big improvement - nearly 40 extra instead of 5 or 10.

BlueBoy

To me Krakouer is an obvious week link.  Betts should score well this week vs melbourne...Fevola doesnt usually like to pummel bad teams, and this is when betts bobs up with 4 or so. 

I'd look at upgrading to S. Byrnes or Stevie J.  It's your choice from there.

Krakouer is just a shocking player that started the year well due to his Half Back floating role.

Hydra

Thanks, Blueboy. I agree about Krakouer, I just haven't had a great chance to get rid of him as yet. Thanks :)

penskifile

krak for sj or bring in sandilands