Main Menu

DPP?

Started by aces-high, March 04, 2012, 10:03:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aces-high

Last year havin a dpp link in the mids was essential. This year there are no real cheap dpp options that stand out for me. With the amount of potential cash cows being purely mids is anyone not gonna put any in? What are your thoughts?
I see
Wingard                 Kavanagh
Coniglio                 Ross
Hogan                    Mitchell
Neale                     Gibson
Magner                  Clifton
Shiel                       Miles           
Mcdonald
As great cash cows and scorers. I dont wanna miss out on these players. But with the luxury of the new dpp trade do we not put in a neale or magner, to put in a pfeiffer, d smith , l brown etc? I reckon it might pay to start 3 prem mids with a premium dpp link to either the forwards or backs. That way we dont miss out on these cash cow rookie mids and still have that option of dpp in one area. What are your thoughts?!?!? P.S i apolagize ahead if this looks messy and has bad punctuation. I am on my i phone :P cheers

2 large cokes

personally I'm not to worried about the dpp at the moment. like you said there are so many gun rooks that a purely mids you don't want to miss out on. it's really not to the middle part of the season were the dpp come into their own and I'm hoping by then most of my cash cows have been cashed. if last season is anything to go by there will always be new dpp getting a game come round 10 like your isaac smith or mzungu or callinan that can easily be traded in for say shiel or wingard that have maxed out. some people are to worried I think about dpp and the byes that there not putting the best 22 on the field and come the dreaded bye rounds that they have been planning for there out of contention already. go with ur best 22 I say!

aces-high

Cheers mate!! You get a cheer from me haha Good luck with this year. Hopefully our pure best 22 strategy works :P

mezzoculo

New trading rule also helps. Now we can (for example) trade out a mid cashcow in Round 10, swap across a DPP eligble player from the forward line and trade in a forward rookie on the bubble.

2 large cokes

haha right back at ya mate!

aces-high

Gonna be an interesting year strategy wise!! Haha so many factors to weigh up in the quest for glory

Grannyboy

Yeah I came to the conclusion to stick a few dpps in after the mid cash cows have peaked. There just to many good mature aged rooks and young guns to ignore. I just hope they don't all get rested or dropped early that could be nasty with no dpps. The new rule will make it easier to get them in if you have a few mids in the forward or back line to shuffle around.