2011 Season Analysis: Snakes & Ladders

Started by afightingfury.com, February 27, 2012, 04:16:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

afightingfury.com

Hello to all you Tiger freaks, I have compiled a round by round analysis of our 2011 ladder position, game results and Dream Team points in a graphical or snake like view!  Furthermore, I have also highlighted our quarter by quarter analysis and to finish off our high and low rankings for the 2011 season.  You can go to my blog to see the full html version if you like.

Snakes & Ladders

As you can see our wins are correlated with our highest Dream Team points which means that if more players are having a good game, rather than a bad one, we will have a better chance of winning games.  Simple as it sounds, in 2011 we relied a lot in a few players to perform and our second tier players did not have an impact.  This is something that has to change in order for us to take the next step in to the top 8.

Note that our 2nd best Dream Team performance came in our loss to the GCS in round 17 which shows that what I said before makes no sense but we´ll take it as a “one off” event that can be explained by the perfect alignment of the planet Uranus with the hyperbola asymptotes of the migrating birds from the north pole to the south pole…..

Quarter by Quarter

Clearly our lack of drive from the 1st bounce had a huge effect in our results and position on the ladder at seasons end.  We played catch up footy in 17 of our 22 games and whether its a fitness or mental issue I think Dimma and his team will be working on this in the pre season.  I believe we should just flood our back line or play “keepings off” until the quarter time siren for the upcoming season!

High Rankings

We were 4th in least opponent disposals per game which means we do not give our opposition the freedom to pass the ball around with ease and play a more man on man game.

We ranked 4th in attendances which shows that we are a FORCE in the AFL and have a huge fan base! It is surprising that we ranked 8th in memberships with such a huge following and we clearly have an enormous untapped member base.  75,000 members for me is not an unrealistic target.

Low Rankings

We ranked 15th in tackles per game and this is due to a lack of strength and aggression which Dimma has tried to fix with our recruiting after last year´s season.

Our recruitment of “The Mulet” that is Ivan Maric will help us move from our lowly 14th position in hitouts per game.

Our defensive frailties were evident in our 15th position in points conceded.  The injury to Kel Moore and Dylan Grimes did not help our cause and we should be looking for an improvement this year having both of them back and firing along with the recruitment of the son of Kev and the extra year experience gained by Rancey and the Post man!

ossie85

Outstanding stuff. Good to see some Tigers passion

CrowsFan

Wow that's very impressive!! :o

Although one little mistake that you have made. You said your best Dream Team performance came in the loss to the GCS in round 17, but looking at the chart (is it a chart?) and that says the Tiges scored 1736 points in that game. But if you look at the win against Brisbane in round 6 the Tiges scored 1754 points, so that is their best :)

afightingfury.com

Good pic up CrowsFan, I put that in there to see if anyone was paying attention  ;D  It was our second best performance against GC, I still cant believe we lost to them!

j959