Main Menu

Karmichael Hunt

Started by thatguy, July 29, 2009, 11:22:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brownmans muffins

everyone get all over k(h)unt

blah128

Ray Warren made a mess of his name commentating one night this season. Came out sounding very funny.
Will be interesting to see how he goes. There's quite a few league players who look like they have the skills to be successful in the AFL

Prospector_1

Cutty

Quote from: 2Fat2Old on July 30, 2009, 07:23:44 AM
Quote from: Cutty on July 29, 2009, 11:28:37 PM
he is a rookie so he should be 86,600, a la Liam Anthony etc. Interesting concept, we will have to see if this story is the real deal

Geez if that was the case then there will be alot of cash cows in 2011. The whole GC11 team will be rookies.

High Draft picks are worth more, Watts was 150,000 so a lot of the gc team will be price adjusted, Hunt is a mature age rookie recruit so should be a basement price

bensomerford

talking bout his position.

I watch a fair bit of NRL friday nites (comes on at 1-2am perth time, so usually after a few) and Ive seen a bit of the guy. he's very talented. an absolute sportsmen and he fits the mould of the modern afl footballer.

He plays as a full-back in rugby league, which is like the dude on the last line who sits behind the packs and collects the deep kicks (or tackles the dudes who get thru) and rebounds by running at the opposition. lots of tackling and AFL marking involved, as well as pace and evasive skills for the rebound. I think these things will put him in good stead and he'd make a handy HB-winger.

And he's played in NRL as a number 6 which is kinda the main man, so he's got brains. that role also requires kicking skills, so I thnk there's a good chance he'll adapt well. BUT, of course, there's alot to learn, so the jury is out, but I thnk its pretty exciting stuff and good for the game. and yes, I'll prob get him in my DT in 2011

BradStar

that kick could come in handy.

antman

I'II be having a good look at him

BradStar

Alex7089

Quote from: Cutty on July 29, 2009, 11:28:37 PM
he is a rookie so he should be 86,600, a la Liam Anthony etc. Interesting concept, we will have to see if this story is the real deal
Are you sure about this? Ben cousins missed a lot of footy and was priced at almost 490k (SC) at the start of the year

CFC 1979

he will have to come in around rookie rates. No games, no average from past season

I still don't reckon he willl play AFL. Maybe the 2's but not up to it.
He is a cash cow though - for GC and the AFL. Already has returned their investment in him in 6 months though media, exposure, ect

Pav29

Karmichael Hunt is a tank. Im going to get him next year.

HintT

You and every supercoach and his paperclip.

reesbr

what position do you guys think ??

Master Q

Quote from: reesbr on May 02, 2010, 11:51:03 PM
what position do you guys think ??
Half Back Flank :-\

Pav29

He is an amazing athlete that shuld adapt to the game quite well. I will definetely consider him in my Dream Team as a cash cow. He will be a very good tackler which will get him a good amount of points and he will show very exciting and energeic plays.