HOW TO DISPLAY YOUR TEAM AS A PICTURE

Started by Jacka33, February 01, 2012, 04:44:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jacka33

Note: LaHug has made some edits to this since it was first posted, including adding GoLions' suggestion and the "LH edits".

GoLions suggests this very quick and easy method:

I don't know how many people will see this, but I just startd using Gyazo and it is so much easier to do screenshots of your team. After downloading/installing, all you have to do is click the icon on your taskbar, then select the area of your screen you wish to "screenshot", and then it displays your image in a new tab. For it to show as an image on FanFooty, all you do is right click the image and open it in a new tab as a .png, and then just copy that link. It literally takes me about 8 seconds to get a screeny of my SC/DT/AF teams now, WouldRecommend/10

Otherwise, this is what Jacka33 wrote up:

Hey guys,

If using Windows:
firstly, you are going to want to take a screenshot of your team, do this by pressing the "prtscn" button on your keyboard, then open the application "paint" and paste the image you took from pressing "prtscn" into paint, once the image is there, you may use the select tool to highlighy just your team, so that you don't have the rest of your screen showing in the image. Once the image is to your liking, save it somewhere you will remember (usually the desktop is easiest)

LH edit: Most (or all) Windows computers have a tool called "Snipping Tool". Just go Start and search for it. Using the Snipping Tool, you can select an area to screenshot without having to go into Paint. Just save that selection and then follow the steps below.

If using Mac:
Similar to above however there is a tool called "grab" that can take a picture of specifically what you want to be displayed, if you are unsure of where the grab tool is, use the search feature, once grab is open (there won't be any window pop up, it will just have the toolbar in the top left corner displayed) select the capture selection button and then drag the box over your Supercoach team. once done you will be prompted where you would like to save the image, again the desktop is usually the easiest place to save.

LH edit: Similarly, there is a shortcut for Mac users. Just press Command+Shift+4 and highlight the area you want to screenshot. It will automatically save it to your desktop.

Once your image is saved to the desktop you are going to want to upload it to the net so it can be viewed on these forums, this is done by uploading it to an image viewing site. my preferred site is http://imageshack.us/ http://imgur.com/ is better! once on the site, click browse and find your image which should be saved on the desktop (if you were following my instructions correctly) and before you upload, its best to make sure the image resize selection is set to "do not resize"

Once uploaded simply open your image in a new tab, or until the image is the only thing you are viewing on a particular page (such as this http://i.imgur.com/Cct0h3e.jpg)

When you have that page open all you have to do is copy the web address of that page in between the insert image button used on this fanfooty site, to do that simply click the insert image button when starting a new topic (it looks like a picture, who knew?) and paste the url of your image on imageshack in between the things that will pop up that look like this ---> [img]

and tadaa, you will have an image displayed right in your topic window, no links required.

Thanks and if you have any troubles let me know so i can help.

Cheers.

AndrewY

That is sensational and thanks...you make it so easy.
The cut and paste I was trying just didn't get there.

Purple 77

Jacka33

Yeah thanks for the feedback guys, and yeah i was surprised to see it made a sticky, but thanks for that Moderators, always happy to help out people.

CrowsFan

Just a quick tip if using a mac. You don't need to open the application called Grab. All you have to do is press command+shift+4 and then select what you want to take a picture of. This is then automatically saved to the desktop ;)

netters

were do i put the web address i can't find it ???

Jacka33

Its the button below the button which makes your text BOLD when your writing your post.

roo boys!

Or just type [i m g] [ /i m g] without the spaces around the link...

Torress

cool.

i'm going to make a rate my team thread for the hell of it now - good stuff jacka!! i should of listened in IT but i got too bored!! lol

Colliwobblers

nice work mate, thanks for posting this up.

Jacka33

no eye deer

Hey, jacka, is there any way to do it from an iPad? It's the only thing I have access to ATM. :( Cheers in Advance, N.E.D

Kickasnaggler

I have the newest iMac desktop and there is absolutely no tool on it called 'grab'. 

Jacka33

iPad screenshot: simply have your team open and press the power button and the home button to take a screenshot. then you will have to upload it to a site or if you can't perhaps facebook, then do the same instructions on the tutorial to post it on these forums.

For the new Imac owner: refer to Crowsfan's post earlier for another option to take a screenshot.

no eye deer

Jeez apple f$&king  sh!t me!!!!! I give up. Tried everything but keep hitting brick walls. Cant browse for photos on imageshack, so got app, still no way to connect this site to app, cant see insert image button on this site, FAAAAAARK! But I still refuse to subscribe to Facebook! iPads suck!!