Main Menu

EXV 3rd draft

Started by Holz, December 18, 2011, 06:21:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ziplock

holz, if we've come to a conclusion about this, can you post it on the first post? if you could answer the following questions
1) How many drafts are left
2) how many players can be taken in each draft
3) What players can be taken in each draft (AFL, national etc.)

Holz

Quote from: Ziplock on December 25, 2011, 12:16:57 AM
holz, if we've come to a conclusion about this, can you post it on the first post? if you could answer the following questions
1) How many drafts are left
2) how many players can be taken in each draft
3) What players can be taken in each draft (AFL, national etc.)

i was going with

1. 1 draft left
2. max of 2 players can be taken in the draft that are leftovers from the 1st draft, a total of 5 players will be taken in the round
3. can take take leftover players from the national draft, preseason draft picks, rookie draft picks and max of 2 afl leftovers.

i was going to do the exact same thing as the SC version except allow afl leftovers too.

People seem to be opposing it but thats the plan

Ziplock

Scrads

It's just that its way different to the actual AFL system, and if ibhad known we could take unselected AFL players with rookie picks, then I wouldn't have bothered passing. I still would have however if the passed picks formed a PSD just like in AFL. The way its going to happen makes the passes in the other draft basically useless, and disadvantageous.

Holz

Quote from: Scrads on December 25, 2011, 01:32:53 AM
It's just that its way different to the actual AFL system, and if ibhad known we could take unselected AFL players with rookie picks, then I wouldn't have bothered passing. I still would have however if the passed picks formed a PSD just like in AFL. The way its going to happen makes the passes in the other draft basically useless, and disadvantageous.

Why would you not have skipped the draft if we could take unselected players, so are you saying if i just said rookies and pre season picks you would be happier having skipped. Wont allowing afl players enable you to get better rookies than before and if you have 6 instead of 5 wouldn't a larger pool be advantageous to you. If anything i think it gives people who have skipped a disadvantage.

ok now i see what you mean, you want picks before everyone else. I still dont see how adding afl listed players weakens it. If you were attending to have the preaseason picks before the rookie draft, this was not how it was done in the SC version, the only difference is im allowing afl players which should advantage those with more picks.

In the draft rules however i had this rule up the whole time and i did explain it to people

You can choose to pass. This will give you an extra pick in the rookie/pre-season draft. I.e. If you pass your first round pick #8, you get an extra first round pick AFTER pick 8 of the rookie/preseason draft first pick.

i later than went on to explain if you skipped at pick 63 you would have the pick after pick 63 in the rookie draft.

I fell it would be extremely disadvantageous to those who had understood the rules and choose not to pass, to create a pre season draft.
i certaitnly would have passed probably both my 4th and 5th round pick.

I dont fell the pick is useless as a 5th round pick in the national draft is worth around the same as a 5th round pick inthe rookie perhaps even more with the introduction of afl players.

If you feel strongly against this post but note i probably wont be on the next 2 days

Ziplock

so, do we have the randomised draft order yet?

Holz

nostradamus

god l hope l'm one of the early picks, after what happened to me with all the positional changes

nostradamus

Quote from: Holzman on December 26, 2011, 01:22:43 AM
Quote from: Ziplock on December 26, 2011, 01:07:14 AM
so, do we have the randomised draft order yet?

yeah

dont announce it until this draft gets finished Holz  ;)

elephants

Just looking down a list of the AFL players and there is still a great deal of quality yet to be picked up!!!

Holz

Quote from: elephants on December 26, 2011, 02:16:23 AM
Just looking down a list of the AFL players and there is still a great deal of quality yet to be picked up!!!

make your picks carefully than. I think its good there are good players left it means we have to make smart decisions, also you will need to decide at the end of the year if you will de-list players to pick up guys you might have missed.

elephants

Yeah true, more thinking involved than I thought :P

Scrads

Quote from: Holzman on December 25, 2011, 04:02:03 AM
Quote from: Scrads on December 25, 2011, 01:32:53 AM

Why would you not have skipped the draft if we could take unselected players, so are you saying if i just said rookies and pre season picks you would be happier having skipped. Wont allowing afl players enable you to get better rookies than before and if you have 6 instead of 5 wouldn't a larger pool be advantageous to you. If anything i think it gives people who have skipped a disadvantage.

ok now i see what you mean, you want picks before everyone else. I still dont see how adding afl listed players weakens it. If you were attending to have the preaseason picks before the rookie draft, this was not how it was done in the SC version, the only difference is im allowing afl players which should advantage those with more picks.

In the draft rules however i had this rule up the whole time and i did explain it to people

You can choose to pass. This will give you an extra pick in the rookie/pre-season draft. I.e. If you pass your first round pick #8, you get an extra first round pick AFTER pick 8 of the rookie/preseason draft first pick.

i later than went on to explain if you skipped at pick 63 you would have the pick after pick 63 in the rookie draft.

I fell it would be extremely disadvantageous to those who had understood the rules and choose not to pass, to create a pre season draft.
i certaitnly would have passed probably both my 4th and 5th round pick.

I dont fell the pick is useless as a 5th round pick in the national draft is worth around the same as a 5th round pick inthe rookie perhaps even more with the introduction of afl players.

If you feel strongly against this post but note i probably wont be on the next 2 days

I wouldn't have passed because I would have just used my rookie picks to pick up the afl players I still wanted, I didn't need to pass to be able to do that. You say I'm trying to get picks before everybody else, when in actual fact I'm delaying previous picks to be able to do that so I'm actually losing in that stake. I didn't play nor am I following the SC version, so I couldn't tell we were using their system. This is your game with your rules so obviously I have to take it as it comes now, but that's ok because I have sort of come up with a new drafting strategy, but now I have to wait for the draft order ;)

elephants

Anyone slightly interested in...

-Daniel Connors
-Rhyce Shaw
-Brad Symes
-Leroy Jetta
-Mitch Morton
-Ben McGlynn
-Josh Caddy

Thanks

ossie85

Quote from: Scrads on December 27, 2011, 11:32:30 AM
I wouldn't have passed because I would have just used my rookie picks to pick up the afl players I still wanted, I didn't need to pass to be able to do that. You say I'm trying to get picks before everybody else, when in actual fact I'm delaying previous picks to be able to do that so I'm actually losing in that stake. I didn't play nor am I following the SC version, so I couldn't tell we were using their system. This is your game with your rules so obviously I have to take it as it comes now, but that's ok because I have sort of come up with a new drafting strategy, but now I have to wait for the draft order ;)

Had the same problem in SC Version with people not reading the rules. The rules were said, and people either didn't read them or forgot them, and now want them changed which disadvantages the people who did read them.

Given those rules were said on the front page - in red - in both the DT and the SC versions of this competition, it's a little weird to say you didn't know