Main Menu

EXV 3rd draft

Started by Holz, December 18, 2011, 06:21:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Holz

ok i have changed my mind it will be done with no afl players i have changed my mind, i will follow the world 15s draft. If you want an afl player its your time to get them.

Holz

An idea Hp suggested and i think it should make people happy.

Is afl players are included but you can only pick a max of 2 players on afl lists .

it will either make everyone happy or everyone not happy

nostradamus

Quote from: Holzman on December 19, 2011, 10:50:56 PM
An idea Hp suggested and i think it should make people happy.

Is afl players are included but you can only pick a max of 2 players on afl lists .

it will either make everyone happy or everyone not happy

Yep l for 1 like HPs suggestion, it strikes a good balance between both sides of the arguement, and is unfair to neither......maybe even stretch it to 3?

Scrads

Or maybe have a PSD just like in AFL for all of the passes, and then the rookie draft happens as normal ?

nostradamus

Quote from: Scrads on December 19, 2011, 11:17:18 PM
Or maybe have a PSD just like in AFL for all of the passes, and then the rookie draft happens as normal ?

another good idea  ;D

Torpedo10

I think this would be good. You have a normal PSD/Rookie draft like the AFL and you are ALLOWED to pass. Then have another little draft where you get 2 or 3 picks and can get AFL leftovers from that. If you passed in the Rookie/PSD then you get a pick in the Leftovers draft AFTER your passed pick in the Rookie/PSD. Anybody like that idea?

PowerBug

So what is the verdict on this?? I need to know as it will affect my final selection in the first draft.

Torpedo10

Yeah, two different drafts( Which most people are supporting or squash them together.  :(

PowerBug

Sooooooooooo, can we select un-picked players from the first draft here??

Holz

Quote from: Torpedo10 on December 20, 2011, 05:05:01 PM
I think this would be good. You have a normal PSD/Rookie draft like the AFL and you are ALLOWED to pass. Then have another little draft where you get 2 or 3 picks and can get AFL leftovers from that. If you passed in the Rookie/PSD then you get a pick in the Leftovers draft AFTER your passed pick in the Rookie/PSD. Anybody like that idea?

i dont see why we just dont do the 1 draft where you can pick 2 left over afl players. The only difference with your idea is it makes it more complicated and adds another step but achieves the same goal.

PB no matter what idea we go for the straight forward simple one or the 2 draft system you will be picking up a max of 2 afl leftovers.

PowerBug

Ok, so i may pick up an AFL leftover in this draft :)

Coz i have someone who i really want, but probably not worth it in the 1st draft, but will take him next if i can't get him here.

Scrads

No 2 drafts would be easier, or else you will have to make a draft list with all uneven amounts of picks per team. Not to mention that's going to disadvantage the people who passed the ND, who would have to pick basically at the end of this draft now, what a waste.

Holz

Quote from: Scrads on December 24, 2011, 09:51:53 PM
No 2 drafts would be easier, or else you will have to make a draft list with all uneven amounts of picks per team. Not to mention that's going to disadvantage the people who passed the ND, who would have to pick basically at the end of this draft now, what a waste.

not sure how it disadvantages people who passed, this draft is confusing so if you could on that would be good.

If you skipped pick 63 in the national draft you will get the pick after pick 63 in this draft. So if you skipped in round 5 of course you wont get a good pick.

PowerBug

But some people might have passed more in the ND if they knew this is what i beleive he meant.

Holz

Quote from: PowerBug on December 24, 2011, 10:57:20 PM
But some people might have passed more in the ND if they knew this is what i beleive he meant.

why would you pass more you still only get 2 picks, if you pass and have 6 picks you now take 4 rookies over 3 whats the difference