Main Menu

EXV 3rd draft

Started by Holz, December 18, 2011, 06:21:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ziplock

... think of it this way, it's more realistic having afl left overs. If they haven't been picked, they're not in a club, so logically, they don't have a contract etc. and are free to nominate for the draft :P

Torpedo10

It will make everything more complicated. There will be confusion on whether a player is picked or not.

Ziplock

nope, just have the list of the previous drafts up on the first page. I mean, we'd have to run it after the other drafts or it would get confusing.  But, I'd prefer to do that anyway- the draft slowed down considerably when we ran it consecutively with the national draft :P

PowerBug

No AFL leftovers. If you want them, get them now.

That's my opinion.

Holz

thats 2 for afl  players will wait abit longer till more people vote and it becomes more clear

nostradamus

Quote from: Ziplock on December 18, 2011, 08:07:59 PM
nope, I meant including this year actually :P

+1

.....l agree 100%, free reign to pick from "all" available players

nostradamus

Quote from: Ziplock on December 18, 2011, 08:28:14 PM
... think of it this way, it's more realistic having afl left overs. If they haven't been picked, they're not in a club, so logically, they don't have a contract etc. and are free to nominate for the draft :P

+1

l'm starting to get worried now.......am agreeing with you a bit too often now :P

nostradamus

As far as who l might pick.....

yes there will probably be some non-selected AFL listed players that l want

but there l definately have a list of rookie "gems" that l hope to get my hands on too

......however l want the flexibility to choose who l want, to fit in with the structure of my team

PowerBug

There is an easy solution to this, but i know it won't happen.

More players get picked in the first draft. Whether it be 5 or 10 more.

Torpedo10

Quote from: PowerBug on December 19, 2011, 11:08:18 AM

That's what I said earlier. I doubt any Rookies/ Pre-Season draftees will get picked.

Torpedo10

Anyway I vote "No" AFL leftovers in the Rookies/Pre-Season draft.

nostradamus

Quote from: Torpedo10 on December 19, 2011, 11:17:53 AM
Quote from: PowerBug on December 19, 2011, 11:08:18 AM

That's what I said earlier. I doubt any Rookies/ Pre-Season draftees will get picked.

some rookies will definately get taken......there are quite a few really good prospects that if still available when its my pick l'll be rapt to get

Scrads

The unpicked players from the ND should count because the only reason I passed 2 picks in the ND was because I expected them to be available. Also, are we doing this on two drafts (one for the passes in the ND, then the rest in normal order) just like in the real AFL does with the PSD and RD ? Ie, so everyone has 30 players going into the RD.

PowerBug

Quote from: Scrads on December 19, 2011, 02:36:38 PM
The unpicked players from the ND should count because the only reason I passed 2 picks in the ND was because I expected them to be available.
That's why i didn't pass, coz i thought they wouldn't be available as it would run like the SC draft and the real AFL Pre-Season draft, with the same players.

Torpedo10

The same reason I didn't too.