Fighting for a spot
KPD-McGuanne, Post
HBF/Small defenders- Dea, Connors, Batchelor
Mids Tuck, Edwards, Arnot, Webberley
KPF Griffiths, Miller
Small/HFF O'hanlon, McDonald, White,
Rucks Dericx, Graham, Browne

Competition is deep in all areas.
The rest are developing. What is everyone elses opinions on our first 22???? Cheers :D
(Once again written on i-phone so please forgive any poor grammar lol)

Cicjose

Tuck would be best 22 IMO but i think his age would be the concern

are you expecting the rookies to get a good chance first up?

Elton for me wouldn't be in the best 22 i expect Miller to take his spot

Mcguane i thought would be ahead of Astbury

the rest look okay

aces-high

Defs agree with the Tuck point mate. Age is defs the querry but Dimma has spoken out and said that we will be picking the best talented 22 no matter what age the player, so Tucky might be in.

I hope we do cause as i said above with playing the most talented team, Ellis, Morris and also Elton would be on ability/talent in the best 22 easily.

With Elton i put him in for his ability to ruck and take a big contested grab up forward. Miller just creates a contest for the crumbers which works yes...but for our future Elton can do the same, learn and gain good experience early on.

McGuanne does a job ^ like Miller... With a big pre season Astbury should start in the 22. He is stronger, has the ability to be that swingman ala Gilbert, is a better kick, mark and better player than lukey and i think he'll serve number 12 heroically for the next decade.
What do u reckon mate?

Cicjose

i wish ellis was a MPP :(

i think he is the most talented player in the draft

CrowsFan

What do you think about O'Hanlon. From what I have read he is pretty much what the Tigers have been missing up front. You don't think he will get an opportunity straight up?

aces-high

Haha if Ellis was mpp it would be amazing mate. He will definately make an impact next year and i would love to see him win the rising star award!!

Crows i've seen him play a bit and he is going to be a very similar player to rok imo. I hope he gets games next year to show his worth and i think Dimma will put him in early. He will bring a new dimension to the forward line as we will have the crumbers king + nahas, kpf ty + jack then elton/miller (wish we got fev) then O'hanlon to mix it up as a midsize leadup left footer :P

Exciting times ahead if the tigers get up and going.

elephants

Grigg a bit stiff for the sub vest I would have thought.

aces-high

Ok so new look
Def batchelor/morris rance moore
H/backs houli mcguanne newman
Centres ellis jackson foley
H/forwards martin ty nahas
F/forwards white roo king
Rucks maric cotchin lids
Bench grimes elton grigg sub irish recruit
Emer maric, conca, tuck
Next in line o'hanlon griffiths astbury connors  edwards

Better??? ;)

Wes Mantooth

Conca is all class, I can see him playing 22 games this year. Definitely not a emergency IMO.

aces-high

Yeah very good point mate, he is having a good pre season and on a wing looks set for big things in 2012. I swear i read somewhere that Dimma wants to play and develop him into a marc murphy type midfielder so if he turns out like that i will be stoked!!!!!
Looking now i would probs take off the irish guy as a sub, get rid of white and elton and bring in Tucky, Conca and Griffiths. However Edwards is reported to be our best pre season performer and has put on 4 kg's, so as much as i hate to say this, he will probs be in the team for the majority of 2012 :/

Cicjose

everyone has forgotten the other backman Kelvin Moore

not surprising tho cause i dont expect him to play again

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/kelvin-moore-ready-to-return-after-six-surgeries/story-e6frf9jf-1226240230782

Windigo

Kel Moore should get a chance to come back.  :)

Bluesman

Maybe i can get some Tiger buffs to help me... where has the love gone for Tom Derickx? Surely they drafted him to play as he was 23ish and clearly has talent around the ground also when you watch his clips. Personally i'm not sold on Maric as the 'lock' ruckman. Obviously Maric will start with the other tall Vickery to help JRoo, but wouldn't Derickx be ahead of Elton at this stage?? His broken fibula was just that - not a nagging soft tissue injury....

Cicjose

who's leg was broken?

Bluesman

Quote from: Cicjose on January 10, 2012, 01:49:46 PM
who's leg was broken?
Derickx. That's a major reason why he wasn't tried last year.