Cicjose

National Team                                               
Klaas-Jan Huntelaar

30 Goals   48 appearances

Robin Van Persie

25 goals 60 appearances

do the math

CrowsFan

So you say the Dutch NT disagree with me saying that RVP is better. So why is it that RVP has been capped 14 more times (he has actually been capped 62 times not 60) in the same space of time??

When playing for the Dutch side RVP is played more as a wide forward to be the creator for others. Seriously cic you are almost trolling these boards now with ridiculous comments ::)

Cicjose

you keep proving yourself wrong

if he was the striker you claim why would the NT play him out of position?

Hawka

Also if the Dutch NT team disagrees with CF
then y did RVP play the final of the WC last yr the full 120 minutes
and Huntelaar didnt even come on as a sub ?

Master Q

While we are on the topic of naming some of our favourite strikers, some other guys I love who have not been mentioned yet are Vagner Love (  :-* Not the greatest, but he has FLARE), Doumbia, Drogba and more of a Winger but Neymar  :o

Cicjose

because Spain dominated them

they were trying to stop David Villa from scoring at all costs hacking at opponents legs to get the ball

Hawka

Quote from: Master Q on December 15, 2011, 07:45:12 PM
While we are on the topic of naming some of our favourite strikers, some other guys I love who have not been mentioned yet are Vagner Love (  :-* Not the greatest, but he has FLARE), Doumbia, Drogba and more of a Winger but Neymar  :o
Yer surpirsed Drogba hasnt been mentioned..great striker
but i have a thing for African strikers lol
i love Eto'o,Adebayor and Gyan

Master Q

Yeah I love those 3 as well. But I'm even more suprised. How has the best striker in the history of the game not been mentioned yet!

Heeeeeeeeeskkeeey!

CrowsFan

Cic you say I prove myself wrong, but you did exactly that by showing how many times each had played for their country, trying to say the Dutch rate him higher even though he had played less times than RVP during that time.

The reason RVP is played out wide is because he is extremely versatile (something which is great for an attacker). So he can start out wide then cut inside and cause havoc. The Dutch play with 3 up front, 1 target man and the 2 wide men. RVP can easily play as either the target man or wide man, and has done both on numerous occasions. Huntelaar cannot.

Jukes

Van Persie only really ever scores goals when he only needs to beat the keeper, never any great solo goals where the goal rests on his shoulders. Most of the time Song, Arshavin, Arteta etc. do all the work for him and all he needs to do is know where to be, which he does well.

That and Van Persie has no other real attacking players to compete with for goals. Rooney has Chicharito, Berbatov, Welbeck and even Nani, Torres has Drogba, Anelka (not for long) and Sturridge. Even Huntelaar must compete with Raul, Farfan, Marica and Draxler. Van Persie has to compete with...Chamakh, who has scored about 2 goals since the first month or two of 2010/11.

PowerBug

Cicjose

Arsenal are one of the richest clubs in the world they can afford whoever they want

Schalke have league wide salary cap and financial business to contend with (50 +1)

in all other leagues every club that wishes to succeed is in debt

CrowsFan

But what has the amount of money each club has got to do with how good a player is?
Absolutely nothing!

Cicjose

it shows the richest clubs will always get the world's best players the only reason RVP looks as good as he does is because Arsenal is the stingiest club on the planet

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/blog/2010/apr/11/bundesliga-premier-league