Best striker in the world

Started by Cicjose, December 10, 2011, 03:30:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cicjose

aside from messi...

who do you think is the best striker in the world?

IMO its Klaas Jan Huntelaar

Jake8

Hard to choose but  Aguero,Suarez,Rooney,RVP,Ronaldo,KJH,,Benzema,Higuan,Villa,Ronaldo and Ibrahimovic are all up there. If I had to pick one of my long long list it would be Aguero. Sorry about the massive list.

Cicjose

i say huntelaar because of his consistency over a number of years playing for Schalke who are a big club but without the financial power of the other European League clubs who are in mountains of debt

and his performances have carried the team at times this year which isnt bad considering Schalke also have Raul

Hawka

well watching arsneal everton :(
and after that goal by RVP it remimded me of this thread and he easily has to b up there
he has 33 epl goals in 2011 and he aint done yet!!

Cicjose

he has more than Henry ever had at this time of the season

Hawka

Quote from: Cicjose on December 11, 2011, 04:37:51 AM
he has more than Henry ever had at this time of the season
no they just said henry got 34 in a yr so he is still 1 of..the way everton hav been goin he may get it in the last 15 mins :(

Cicjose

yeah but IMO from the quality of teams and strike rate i think Klaas Jan Huntelaar is the best striker in the world as the team he is in has no where near as much money as any of the other clubs on this list

Im sure Schalke's entire budget is probably not as big as a lot of the transfers asked for the other players listed below

Aguero (Man City)
Suarez (Liverpool)
Rooney (Manchester United)
Robin Van Persie (Arsenal),
Ronaldo (Real Madrid),
Klaas Jan Huntelaar (Schalke),
Benzema (Real Madrid),
Higuain (Man City),
Villa (Barcelona),
Ronaldo (Real Madrid) and
Ibrahimovic (AC Milan)

Hawka

RVP basically scores all there goals and as im writing this he comes close to goal 34 but just misses

Master Q

Messi -> Ronaldo -> Van Persie -> Aguero -> Suarez (atm) -> Villa -> Ibra

Hawka

Quote from: Master Q on December 12, 2011, 06:26:57 PM
Messi -> Ronaldo -> Van Persie -> Aguero -> Suarez (atm) -> Villa -> Ibra
yea thats seems bout right Q :)

Jukes

Ronaldo > Messi> Rooney > Balotelli > Van Persie > Aguero > Forlan > Ibrahimovic > Benzema > Chicharito > Higuain

CrowsFan

There is not a snowballs chance in hell that Huntelaar is the best striker in the world. Sure he is terrific goal scorer thanks to his poaching ability (a bit like the great Ruud van Nistelrooy, but not as good), but he isn't a complete player like some of the other great strikers going around. If you look at his history he was great at Ajax (but then again any above average player is great these days in the Dutch league), performed pretty well at Madrid, and then basically flopped at Milan (7 goals in 30 appearances is not good for a striker).
I must question you Cic when you say he has performed consistently for Schalke over a number of years since he has only been there a season and a half and the first season he didn't even play all that well! This season yes he is scoring goals (25 in 24 games), but a lot of them have come against very weak opposition. He scored 4 against a team from Finland, 4 against an extremely low league German team in their cup competition, plus a hattrick against Koln and a brace against Hamburger, both of whom are in the bottom half of the German league at the moment. Ignore just those 4 games and he is down to 12 goals in 20 games, which is what you would expect from a quality striker.

Ignoring Messi and Ronaldo (who are clearly the best in the world, let alone best forwards), off the top of my head I would say that all these players are more complete strikers than The Hunter (in no particular order)...
• David Villa
• Wayne Rooney
• Robin van Persie
• Gonzalo Higuain
• Sergio Aguero
• Mario Gomez
• Antonio Di Natale
• Radamel Falcao

I could go on, but don't think I really need to ;)

Hawka

Quote from: CrowsFan on December 14, 2011, 01:22:46 AM
There is not a snowballs chance in hell that Huntelaar is the best striker in the world. Sure he is terrific goal scorer thanks to his poaching ability (a bit like the great Ruud van Nistelrooy, but not as good), but he isn't a complete player like some of the other great strikers going around. If you look at his history he was great at Ajax (but then again any above average player is great these days in the Dutch league), performed pretty well at Madrid, and then basically flopped at Milan (7 goals in 30 appearances is not good for a striker).
I must question you Cic when you say he has performed consistently for Schalke over a number of years since he has only been there a season and a half and the first season he didn't even play all that well! This season yes he is scoring goals (25 in 24 games), but a lot of them have come against very weak opposition. He scored 4 against a team from Finland, 4 against an extremely low league German team in their cup competition, plus a hattrick against Koln and a brace against Hamburger, both of whom are in the bottom half of the German league at the moment. Ignore just those 4 games and he is down to 12 goals in 20 games, which is what you would expect from a quality striker.

Ignoring Messi and Ronaldo (who are clearly the best in the world, let alone best forwards), off the top of my head I would say that all these players are more complete strikers than The Hunter (in no particular order)...
• David Villa
• Wayne Rooney
• Robin van Persie
• Gonzalo Higuain
• Sergio Aguero
• Mario Gomez
• Antonio Di Natale
• Radamel Falcao

I could go on, but don't think I really need to ;)
OMG i love Di Natale  :-*

MajorLazer

I know he's kinda more like a winger but there is a great striker who used to play alongside Falcao, before Falcao moved to Atletico.

Any guesses?

Hawka