Main Menu

Genuine optimism!!!

Started by aces-high, December 07, 2011, 08:20:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aces-high

Being a passionate richmond fan i know what its like to have optimism and hope for a season of AFL footy and for the last 10 years our fans have been ridiculed everytime we mention the team in a positive output. But atm i feel the optimism is real and the list we have developed is going to bring something special!!!! In Dimma i trust. The backs need work but grimes, moore, astbury and rance have the potential to be very handy kpp with post and mcguanne as depth, our running backs have the potential to be the most potent in the game with newman, houli, connors (when fit), grigg, batchelor, lids (rotating through the middle), dea + new recruits ellis who looks a gem and stevie morris giving a nice blend of left and right foot fantastic penetrating kicks of the footy. The midfield is the strong suit led by cotchin, martin, tuck, jackson, foley but now with lids coming back this  arnott kid and hopefully mccarthy +  the development of conca the engine room is looking very good, nahas whilst not big enough did a few good things on the ball last year and along with edwards who i hate may bring another element to our setup.  Up front with jack and ty we have 2 big clunking goal kicking options and with another pre season into griffiths the kpf look good also with new  recruit todd elton  (who i have played alot against) will develop into something special, with consistency elton will become another drew petrie mark my words, with this it gives us alot of excitement, then the little options in nahas, king, white and dean mcdonald who i rate highly can kick 60+ amongst them whilst creating pressure on the opposition. The rucks are the real downer but maric should be good for the club and hopefully dericks can get on the ground and show his potential cause he has something special, after these 2 we have vickery who can pinch hit along with todd elton which could be very dangerous. Listening to that we forget about graham and browne who imo arent up to AFL standards.
So there it is, the list and depth are looking alot better than years gone by. The kent kingsleys, trent knobels, mark grahams and botched draft picks in meyer, pattison, oakley nicchols, shulz and polo are in the past, the present looks good and i think the footy
world can see it, finally our supporters can see light at the end of the tunnel. Go Tigers!

ossie85

Some very nice youngsters the Tigers have! But talk is talk :) Would like to see the Tigers do well again....

Ziplock

Sounds good.

Paragraphs are your friend though, just for future reference :P

bomberboy0618

Quote from: Ziplock on December 07, 2011, 09:14:33 PM
Sounds good.

Paragraphs are your friend though, just for future reference :P
Give me paragraphs or give me death! :P

aces-high

Lol no worries. Was a mad rush on the i-phone so soz about the paragraph situation.

bomberboy0618

Quote from: aces-high on December 07, 2011, 10:22:39 PM
Lol no worries. Was a mad rush on the i-phone so soz about the paragraph situation.
I tip my hat to you. I can barely write 5 lines on my touch :P.

cptFantasy

Yes at first I was going to give you 5/10 with heavy deductions for not having paragraphs, but given the new information at hand you get 7.5/10. Nice post, and hopefully for the long suffering Tigers out there, you're on the ball, good stuff.

bunyip

It would be terific to see some new blood in the top 8. West Coast did it last season, and they came from the bottom. Personally, I would like to see the Tigers take the place of say........Collingwood.

aces-high

Haha cheers guys :P i cant wait for 2012!!! Gonna be an exciting year fantasy wise and also on the field with the development of young teams in richmond, north, gold coast, melbourne and the further deelopment i west coast and carlton. BRING IT ON :D

Cicjose

Wes Mantooth

Quote from: Cicjose on December 08, 2011, 08:28:48 PM
Ellis will be a gun

He hasn't played a game yet, I'd hold steady on the 'gun' call.

Dustin Martin will be the best player in the game in a few years. Absolute gun. Go tiges!

Windigo

D-Mart will show Melbourne that he deserved to be number one.  :)

Wes Mantooth

Quote from: Windigo on January 03, 2012, 11:23:22 AM
D-Mart will show Melbourne that he deserved to be number one.  :)

But still very grateful they let him go through to the keeper (a.k.a Richmond)!

Patrician

I gotta say, I'm optimisitic too.

I like the look of Morris, Basher Houli is one of my new favourite players, the draftees look promising - but I reckon the biggest thing is that players that used to make me shudder when they had the ball (e.g. Nahas, Rance) are really performing.

I was sad about Nason though :( he wasn't the same after they cut his hair.

aces-high

Quote from: bunyip on December 08, 2011, 07:34:16 PM
It would be terific to see some new blood in the top 8. West Coast did it last season, and they came from the bottom. Personally, I would like to see the Tigers take the place of say........Collingwood.
Wouldnt that be fantastic!!!!!!! :P hahaha

Would be justice for the AFL population of non magpie supporters.