EXV: 2012 National Draft

Started by Holz, December 04, 2011, 04:44:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Holz

Quote from: Scrads on December 05, 2011, 04:37:08 AM
Putting a lot of faith in some unproven youth Holz, fairly risky.

i agree but i only really need 1-2 out of shiel, swallow, o'meara, scully etc.. to do ok. I do have priddis,cotchin and wells who have showed they can score. My team will be fairly average in the first 2 years but if i can get lucky i could have a really strong team.

number 1 picks generally do reasonably well and i have scully, swallow, watts, gibs and o'meara probably would have gone 1.

Holz

As some of you know elephants is away, so i will try and orgainse it for marcz to take over in this draft so there may be a small delay in the picking.

RiOtChEsS

we select Dom Tyson...

A good decision-maker who excels at clearances and winning the contested ball. He has the ability to dispose of the ball even when under pressure or being tackled using his left foot and excellent hands. He represented Vic Metro at the NAB AFL U18 Championships, averaging 22 disposals at 78.9 per cent efficiency, 11 contested possessions and 3.6 tackles.

LaHug

Quote from: Marcz on December 05, 2011, 10:34:51 AM
we select Dom Tyson...

A good decision-maker who excels at clearances and winning the contested ball. He has the ability to dispose of the ball even when under pressure or being tackled using his left foot and excellent hands. He represented Vic Metro at the NAB AFL U18 Championships, averaging 22 disposals at 78.9 per cent efficiency, 11 contested possessions and 3.6 tackles.
He was never going to slip to me but I was hopeful...

MTTY

I will select Father Son pick Tom Mitchell, has loads to offer both in the long and short term and plays very similar to Pendles.

TheMailman

:( hoping that maybe he'd slip to me  :P

Holz

Quote from: MTTY on December 05, 2011, 06:26:19 PM
I will select Father Son pick Tom Mitchell, has loads to offer both in the long and short term and plays very similar to Pendles.

wow didn't expect him to go at 6, i didn't have him in my top 20.

TheMailman

I had him in my top 3  :P

Will get plenty of game time if he does well

Ziplock

damn mtty, mitchell was probs my top 3 in this draft.

PowerBug

I'll take the ruckman: Billy Longer.

MTTY

Quote from: Holzman on December 05, 2011, 08:05:33 PM

Very high on my list.

My list went - 1. Coniglio
                    2. O'Meara
                    3. Mitchell
                    4. Wingard
                    5. Patton

Is gunna be a super talent, was very under hyped due to the fact he was injured during the U18 Carnival and the fact that he was already going to Sydney as a F/S, made journo's not read into him so much. Standout game for him was with the AIS where he picked up 41 disposals.

Holz

Quote from: MTTY on December 05, 2011, 10:28:23 PM
Quote from: Holzman on December 05, 2011, 08:05:33 PM

Very high on my list.

My list went - 1. Coniglio
                    2. O'Meara
                    3. Mitchell
                    4. Wingard
                    5. Patton

Is gunna be a super talent, was very under hyped due to the fact he was injured during the U18 Carnival and the fact that he was already going to Sydney as a F/S, made journo's not read into him so much. Standout game for him was with the AIS where he picked up 41 disposals.

ok i have moved him onto my planned real dream team. Its a good thing he is a FS pick makes him alot cheaper, Also good to see O'Meara is number 2 on your list.

meow meow

Good to see Coniglio is number 1, and I have him. Yeah doges!

Holz

Quote from: meow meow on December 05, 2011, 10:44:28 PM

i had coniglio outside my top 5 way too many GWS mids

c4v3m4n

Quote from: Holzman on December 05, 2011, 10:45:34 PM
Quote from: meow meow on December 05, 2011, 10:44:28 PM

i had coniglio outside my top 5 way too many GWS mids

Not to mention their rotational policy.