EXV: Svalbard Valkyries

Started by Ziplock, November 19, 2011, 04:34:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Holz

After the game anyone who scores under 50 has to fight off against Barry hall in a fight to the death.

Ziplock

damn straight.

hypothetically of course- none of my players will be scoring under 50 :P

PowerBug

Sorry for taking 12 hours Zip, but i finally read that anthem. It's awesome.

nostradamus

Quote from: Ziplock on November 19, 2011, 06:16:49 PM
Quote from: Torpedo10 on November 19, 2011, 05:57:38 PM
Good try c4 but I have translated that easily. ;D
Quote from: c4v3m4n on November 19, 2011, 05:51:14 PM
Riccardo de Luca, from the Italian newspaper La Repubblica has a few questions from Ziplock.

1.Qual è il costo stimato della riqualificazione?
2. Come si propongono di riqualificare il Colosseo e mantenere gran parte del lavoro in mattoni originali e fauna?
3. Vi siete impazzito? Girando il Colosseo in uno stadio AFL è un insulto al popolo italiano e il loro lungo, ricco patrimonio.
1.What is the estimated cost of upgrading?
2. How do you propose to redevelop the Coliseum and retain much of the original brick work and fauna?
3. Have you gone mad? Turning to the Coliseum in an AFL stadium is an insult to the Italian people and their long, rich heritage
1. I'm not at liability to divulge that. The church, who is covering the costs of upgrading and rebuilding has asked me not to disclose this sensitive information.
2. We have on our team, some of the greatest architects from over four generations. They'll be dealing with the specifics, but, they're very confident that they pull this off, while at the same time maintaining the history of the Colosseum- wouldn't it be, if anything, a greater atrocity to have such an impressive monument being unused for it's original function- maybe we no longer have gladiator fights, as these have been overtaken by modern day sports. But we'll be damned if we don't at least try to pay homage to this great landmark. 
3. Some people call it being a madman, personally I say it's closer to visionary. The Italian people are insulting their own rich heritage by leaving the Colosseum used purely as a tourist attraction, rather than in the spirit it was created for, by one of the greatest and most influential empires in history!

and more to the point, the Italian people insulted themselves by voting in Berlusconi, year in year out, until he ran their country in the ground. If they want a chance to fix their economy, without going into chronic and crippling debt, this is their only option. Embrace it.

very witty Zip, enjoyed your answers alot.......actually made me laugh out loud (didn't want to use the token symbol)

Ziplock

Ziplock

Media release!

'Confident about the Valkyries current squad,

Def: J. Grimes, J Trengove, T. Armstrong, B. Jacobs
Mids: M. Murphy, J. Ziebell, Jack Trengove, A. Gaff
Rucks: B. Mcevoy
Fwd: A. Goodes, J. Riewoldt, JJ Kennedy, Christensen
Utility: C. Ward, T Hawkins
Interchange: C. Morton, J. Roughead, Veszpremi, Buntine

Emergency: Haynes, Bastinac

The team's coach Ziplock has unorthodoxly called for our paper to run a poll amongst the viewers, to get a general public opinion of where this new Euro team will be finishing in 2012, in a bid to attract more followers and supporters to the club.

The Valkyries are a team very much centred around a youth policy, but believe 2012 will still be a year in which they can make a true challenge as the leagues first premiers. '

Poll's up doges.

Doyle

Need an assistant coach? Finally found some free time from work 8)

Ziplock

Ziplock

and the Valkyries would like to welcome the first trade of the competition, with Cale Morton Happily transferring to the Belgium Bashers in return for Daniel Connors growing his wings, grabbing his sword, to ride with the Valkyries :)

Ziplock

a little bit of age statistics for the lot of you :P

Vatican Valkyries:
Current fielded players average age by the end of 2012: 23.1
Current benched players average age by the end of 2012: 22.4
Overall Average age: 22.7

Fielded Backs average age: 22
Benched backs average age: 21.4
Backs average age: 21.7

Fielded midfield average age: 21.75
Benched midfield average age: 21.25
Midfield average age: 21.5

Fielded ruck age: 23
Benched rucks average age: 26
Rucks average age: 25

Fielded forward average age: 25.5
Bench forward average age: 23.3
Forwards average age: 24.57

Utilities average age: 23

As you can see, I've got a reasonably balanced team age wise, with my averages being slightly distorted by my two players considerably older than the rest of my list (goodes and stephenson), with them removed my overall average age drops down to 22 :P

elephants

Nice work zip, now do my team ;)

Ziplock

elephants

Hahah okay, i wrote a report and posted it in my teams thread about our trade, have a look if you like ;)

Ziplock

The Valkyries were sorry to let Morton go, but felt it was for the best. The Vatican is our country, and it's populace were very disappointed with Cale's promiscuity and love of chocolates, subsequently figured that it would be best to move him out to the Basher's, where his sex mania, and fattening obsession will be welcome :)

elephants

Due to the clear superiority in coaching staff at the Bashers since arriving in Belgium Cale has accepted a diet and weight control program and has got himself a girlfriend and has stopped his wandering sexual exploits.
This again shows how superior the Bashers are to theory rivals the valkyries...
Well Done Cale!!