European 15s Draft

Started by Holz, November 15, 2011, 08:40:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Holz

I will put it down to a vote i dont think there is any point to make it pick every player in the afl. You onlye need a sqaud of 15 each week so if it goes to 35 players on your list i feel you should be more than fine.

I though capping it at 30 would mean people would make smart decisions rather than going over the top with risky picks. I feel it takes the skill out of it if you can pick masses of players and get lucky on one or two guys. I actually would have kept the cap at 30 each year.

20 afl draft rounds 5 national and 5 rookie + afl picks

meow meow

Why bother having rookies at all?

Holz

Quote from: meow meow on December 16, 2011, 03:24:53 PM
Why bother having rookies at all?

im not to keen on rookies either but im following the world 15s, if it were me picking the teams i would have gone 25 afl players and 5 rookie + national draft picks

Ziplock

just make it all unpicked afl players are available in the PSD :P

nostradamus

Quote from: Ziplock on December 16, 2011, 04:42:03 PM
just make it all unpicked afl players are available in the PSD :P

l totally agree wiyh you Zip....when we have our pre-season/rookie draft, we should have open slather to choose from all leftover players from the main draft and the national draft as well as the players in the PSD/rookie draft

.....and we should not change our quota of players at this late stage. We have all known how many players we were to have and have planned accordingly, changing now would result in a comprimised draft. If we did decide it would be a good idea the ideal time to do it would be next season (increasing our quota then would have the added advantage of us knowing what areas we needed a top up in), so we would all know in advance and have our drafting strategies in place

Torpedo10

I wouldn't do this because it would get focusing if you kept picking players but they wouldn't be available. I think that we should go up to 35 in the AFL draft and have 5 players from the National and 5 from the PSD. If you have 45 players then it would look more. like an AFL squad.

PowerBug

The reason why i'd liek to see more players drafted is because i don't want the next cash cow to be sitting on the bench and not be in anyones squad.

Torpedo10

Yeah, Altoh I'm starting to think that if we were to have 55+ player in our squad it would be too much. I think that from 40-45 players in each spuad would be good. We have too keep some luck in the game of DT. I know we don't like seeing that PB but what Holz will probably do is have another draft for nay players not picked in this draft for 2012. It will produce interest and thought to think "will I pick this guy who has had a great season or did he just get lucky?"

Holz

Quote from: PowerBug on December 16, 2011, 05:42:02 PM
The reason why i'd liek to see more players drafted is because i don't want the next cash cow to be sitting on the bench and not be in anyones squad.

i think that's a good thing, we don't want it to be too easy.  I will keep it as it is a cap of 35, next year if you want to pick up the rookies or get that guy not in anyone squad you will have to cut some players from your team.

People say they want it to resemble an afl squad but they need 22 players and we only need 15 so i would say keeping it at 35 would be equivalent to the afl system. Im thinking either next year keep it to a strict 35 cap or 35 + 5 rookie listed players that can play if you have long term injuries.

I think its better to have to cut players than just build up huge squads , you will have to make hard choices example do i cut this rookie who hasnt played yet but could be good or this guy who has been in the system for years and is only averaging 75

nostradamus

Quote from: Holzman on December 16, 2011, 05:55:28 PM

i think that's a good thing, we don't want it to be too easy.  I will keep it as it is a cap of 35, next year if you want to pick up the rookies or get that guy not in anyone squad you will have to cut some players from your team.

People say they want it to resemble an afl squad but they need 22 players and we only need 15 so i would say keeping it at 35 would be equivalent to the afl system. Im thinking either next year keep it to a strict 35 cap or 35 + 5 rookie listed players that can play if you have long term injuries.

I think its better to have to cut players than just build up huge squads , you will have to make hard choices example do i cut this rookie who hasnt played yet but could be good or this guy who has been in the system for years and is only averaging 75

Glad to hear it Holz.....good stuff mate  ;)

Holz

Quote from: Torpedo10 on December 16, 2011, 05:51:57 PM
Yeah, Altoh I'm starting to think that if we were to have 55+ player in our squad it would be too much. I think that from 40-45 players in each spuad would be good. We have too keep some luck in the game of DT. I know we don't like seeing that PB but what Holz will probably do is have another draft for nay players not picked in this draft for 2012. It will produce interest and thought to think "will I pick this guy who has had a great season or did he just get lucky?"

exactly you will have the oppurunity to pick the guy up next season. You will know both draft orders before the trade period so if you want that guy you can strike a deal to get the pick that gets him.

Torpedo10

Comeone Holz, Couldn't you put the AFL draft up to 30? Then we would have 40 players. We don't have as many things at our disposal as they do. I think that 40 is a fair number. Also because we are picking from most of the teams there is more chance of injuries. I think that a squad of 40 iis the fairest. So your saying that we will do the National draft and PSD draft next year( +10 players) and then have a normal draft where there is 5 rounds (+5 players) but you would have to delist 10 players before all the drafts. Then at the end of all the drafts next year we have a trade week or 10 days. You could always pick up a player you wanted but had to delist him in the PSD if you have a high pick. I think what I just said would be fair.

Holz

Quote from: nostradamus on December 16, 2011, 06:00:29 PM
Quote from: Holzman on December 16, 2011, 05:55:28 PM

Glad to hear it Holz.....good stuff mate  ;)

I think it could create interesting opportunities for trading say i have 3 extra players but i dont want to cut anyone so i could try a trade like

e.g. Priddis + 1st round pick + Harry Taylor for Rockliff

Holz

Quote from: Torpedo10 on December 16, 2011, 06:09:36 PM
Comeone Holz, Couldn't you put the AFL draft up to 30? Then we would have 40 players. We don't have as many things at our disposal as they do. I think that 40 is a fair number. Also because we are picking from most of the teams there is more chance of injuries. I think that a squad of 40 iis the fairest. So your saying that we will do the National draft and PSD draft next year( +10 players) and then have a normal draft where there is 5 rounds (+5 players) but you would have to delist 10 players before all the drafts. Then at the end of all the drafts next year we have a trade week or 10 days. You could always pick up a player you wanted but had to delist him in the PSD if you have a high pick. I think what I just said would be fair.

At this stage i would like to keep it to 35 as that was the rules and i for one have been planning for 35 players thats why i have been picking up guys i know will play but not necessarily be good DT players. Would you be happy if i allowed all players left to be picked in the rookie draft, i think that a fair compromise.

In terms of the delisting thing next year im leaning towards 35 players and possible 5 rookie spots. Im thinking its best if you go through the trade period and the national draft and at that stage cut players. Therfore you can only enter the last draft if you have less than 35 or 40 players.

Im thinking of keeping the draft all remaining players each year so if you want a player you can get him, any opinions on this.

meow meow

What is the point of having rookies when we are going to leave players off lists? Players who will actually play and score.