The Official WXV Draft

Started by ossie85, October 16, 2011, 08:26:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ossie85

Quote from: Sid on October 19, 2011, 12:29:48 PM
Would certainly make things interesting if GWS ended up getting Pendles next year (or other big names) :o

Could we still trade players that didn't get traded?

Yeah, reckon so.

@meow meow, fair enough about own list management! Don't like the 4 weekly trade period though. Just not sure I'd understand the benefit of it. Particularly when we're all playing SC and DT, think it would be better to keep it relatively simple during the year.

If anything, the recent 'trade' game going on has made me wary trading in general!

All up for debate though :)

Justin Bieber

Fisher has his pick before mine. I haven't even thought about my players so must think. Was hoping Goddard would slip to me :P.

Can we draft GWS players? Or will they be put into National draft (those who were recruited as 17 y.o's)?

meow meow

Players like Shiell should be available in this draft as they are already on AFL lists.

@ossie
The only reason i suggested a trade period every 4 weeks is because of the rucks. There is only so many to go around, and they are bloody injury prone things. Most people will take 1 1st string ruck - who may get injured - and then they will be left with a 2nd stringer who might not even be playing. It would be a long season with no ruckman. There should be an opportunity to rectify things at some stage.

ossie85

Quote from: Hellopplz on October 19, 2011, 01:48:10 PM
Fisher has his pick before mine. I haven't even thought about my players so must think. Was hoping Goddard would slip to me :P.

Can we draft GWS players? Or will they be put into National draft (those who were recruited as 17 y.o's)?

Players that have been drafted to GWS can be selected, and non-drafted GWS players (so no coniglio just yet)! Once the 'list lodgements' have been done, which should be anyday now, I'll stick that up as the list you can pick players from. Sound fair?

Quote from: meow meow on October 19, 2011, 01:57:04 PM
Players like Shiell should be available in this draft as they are already on AFL lists.

@ossie
The only reason i suggested a trade period every 4 weeks is because of the rucks. There is only so many to go around, and they are bloody injury prone things. Most people will take 1 1st string ruck - who may get injured - and then they will be left with a 2nd stringer who might not even be playing. It would be a long season with no ruckman. There should be an opportunity to rectify things at some stage.

This is true. But it is also a long-season without a ruck in the real thing also. I have put in a rule that you can play players out of position (but only half their score will count).

Happy to put it to a vote though.

Justin Bieber

Quote from: ossie85 on October 19, 2011, 02:01:54 PM
Quote from: Hellopplz on October 19, 2011, 01:48:10 PM

Players that have been drafted to GWS can be selected, and non-drafted GWS players (so no coniglio just yet)! Once the 'list lodgements' have been done, which should be anyday now, I'll stick that up as the list you can pick players from. Sound fair?
Sounds good. Since they are on an AFL list already, it's fair :). Of course we can't get the draft picks as they aren't in a team yet :P.

meow meow

Getting half the score would probably be fine. Most of the crap back up ruckmen only score 50 anyway.

FisherSaints

Boomz

Justin Bieber

Pick will be up shortly when I can decide :P.

Indeed, quite early but has promise to be one of the top next season!

Justin Bieber

I'll go for Mr. Consistent this season in Matt Priddis. Not a score below 92 with only 3 falling below 100 8). That and his Hair is Awesome :P.

Holz

Cant believe it the guys i wanted just went right before me. Rockilff would have gone top 5 for me.

ossie85

Rockliff was high on my list! Nice pick. Priddis also good :)

Holz

I will pick up the mummy 113 average is pretty good and is only 25.

ossie85

Quote from: Holzman on October 19, 2011, 07:42:14 PM

NOOOOO....................

Dammit. Lol. He would have gone top 5 for me!

Holz

Quote from: ossie85 on October 19, 2011, 07:47:39 PM
Quote from: Holzman on October 19, 2011, 07:42:14 PM

NOOOOO....................

Dammit. Lol. He would have gone top 5 for me!

yeah i was disappointed missing out rocky and priddi, than i saw Mummys average, im stoked with him. Besides Sandi and Cox i dont see any rucks averaging more than him in the coming years. He will actually probably be my captain most weeks he has some huge games.