The Official WXV Draft

Started by ossie85, October 16, 2011, 08:26:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cookie Monster

Quote from: roo boys! on October 17, 2011, 10:24:29 PM
Of course he would have - you have a serious man crush on him.

PS NO-ONE TAKE SWALLOW!!!! :P
My man crush is my first pick.

only because he won't last till my next pick :(

PowerBug

I'm not the biggest sc player so this drafting will get tougher in the later picks for me. But i think i'm pretty safe to say that DANE SWAN will be my 1st pick.

CrowsFan

Well I'm happy to announce that the first man to become a Sao Paulo Puma is none other than The Little Master ;D

pothead

Marc Murphy will be the first player at the wellington wetahs

CrowsFan

Quote from: pothead on October 17, 2011, 11:54:04 PM
Marc Murphy will be the first player at the wellington wetahs
The Pumas are going to cruch the Weta like a bug (well like the insects they actually are) :P
By the way no H in Weta, also no need to add an S to it, the plural of Weta is Weta ;)

pothead

i dont even know what a weta is haha

CrowsFan

It is a species of insect :P

ossie85

ossie85

My Chumps is up....

A question guys. Each person has 24 hours to pick (hopefully doesn't take that long!)

But after 24 hours is up what should happen? Couple of options I see

- Automatically receive the highest averaging player from the 2011 season was hasn't been selected yet
- Pick skipped until you come on again
- An order change. I.e. if My Chumps doesn't take his #6 pick, cartlon rok moves from #7 to #6 pick. BUT My Chumps and carltonrok also swap picks later on (i.e. My Chumps now gets pick 30, and carltonrok get 31). But the order after that stays the same. This is the most complicated way, but keeps the draft symetrical still.

Thoughts?

Boomz

Quote from: ossie85 on October 18, 2011, 09:54:23 AM

My Chumps is up....

A question guys. Each person has 24 hours to pick (hopefully doesn't take that long!)

- Automatically receive the highest averaging player from the 2011 season was hasn't been selected yet
- An order change. I.e. if My Chumps doesn't take his #6 pick, cartlon rok moves from #7 to #6 pick. BUT My Chumps and carltonrok also swap picks later on (i.e. My Chumps now gets pick 30, and carltonrok get 31). But the order after that stays the same. This is the most complicated way, but keeps the draft symetrical still.

Thoughts?

Easiest way imo. Works for all the other drafts.

PowerBug

Quote from: BOOMZ on October 18, 2011, 11:25:32 AM
Quote from: ossie85 on October 18, 2011, 09:54:23 AM

My Chumps is up....

Thoughts?

Easiest way imo. Works for all the other drafts.
Snap. Too easy :)

ossie85

Coolio :)

No real surprises with the top 5 yet! All worth picks, a few others I'd expect to fall shortly. My first pick at 17... Think I know who I'll get.

PowerBug

Quote from: ossie85 on October 18, 2011, 11:34:44 AM

No real surprises with the top 5 yet! All worth picks, a few others I'd expect to fall shortly. My first pick at 17... Think I know who I'll get.
Darren Glass ???

CrowsFan

Was really considering Buddy with my pick as so many great midfielders and not many great forwards, but just though I would stick with GAJ :)

ossie85

Quote from: PowerBug on October 18, 2011, 11:38:46 AM
Quote from: ossie85 on October 18, 2011, 11:34:44 AM

Darren Glass ???

Glass a fair way down my preferences! If only Presti was still around!

I'd like to think my choice isn't an obvious one, but will probably go before he comes to me :(