World 15s (SC) - New Draft Game

Started by ossie85, October 16, 2011, 05:05:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ossie85

AFL Has Gone World Wide!

In a dramatic move Andrew Demetriou has announced an International Competition.

18 Teams filled with the finest Australia has to offer, to compete from 2012.

This is a new competition being run by myself, MTTY and anyone else who wished to get involved!

Based on the game flagged here (http://www.fanfooty.com.au/forum/index.php/topic,42969.0.html). So in fairness to those guys, if you want to join a similar competition that is far more established, head over there. I understand they are doing auditions.

The concept if to build a club from scratch, not just for fun, not just for 2012 season, but for the foreseeable future! Not to fret, I'm not asking you for a life-long commitment, coaches will change as the years go by! (Even the great coaches like Matthews, Sheedy and Malthouse move on).

How does it work?

- 18 new clubs
- You pick players from a draft
- You select 15 players (+ captain) from your squad to play each week (4 backs, 4 midfielders, 1 ruck, 4 forwards, 2 free choice)
- Scoring based on SC system, positions based on current fanplanner settings.
- Bye round 1, play each club once rounds 2-18, finals the last 4 rounds of the season.

At the end of the 2012 season (ages away), you'll be assigned draft picks, have a trade week, etc! All sorts of fun.

The clubs:

Beijing Bears (China) (Coach: bomberboy0618)
New Delhi Tigers (India) (Coach: FisherSaints)
Tokyo Samurai (Japan) (Coach: Boomz)
Seoul Magpies (South Korea) (Coach: ossie85)
New York Eagles (USA) (Coach: Sid)
Toronto Wolves (Canada) (Coach: rooboys!)
Mexico City Suns (Mexico) (Coach: Maca24)
Sao Paulo Pumas (Brazil) (Coach: CrowsFan)
Buenos Aires Armadillos (Argentina) (Coach: PowerBug)
Moscow Spetsnaz (Russia) (Coach: meow meow)
Berlin Brewers (Germany) (Coach: Purple 77)
Parisian Blues (France) (Coach: Hellopplz)
London Royals (England) (Coach: Cookie Monster)
Dublin Destroyers (Ireland) (Coach: Holzman)
Cairo Sands (Egypt) (Coach: MajorLazer)
Cape Town Cobras (South Africa) (Coach: My Chumps)
The Wellington Weta (New Zealand) (Coach: pothead)
Pacific Islanders (Pacific islands, based in Fiji) (Coach: c4v3m4n)

-----------------
Format for Team Selection            
Def:           Player A   Player B   Player C   Player D
Mids:   Player E   Player F   Player G   Player H
Fwds:   Player I   Player J   Player K   Player L
Ruck:   Player M         
Inter   :       Player N   Player O      
Emer1:   Player P         
Emer2:   Player Q         
Emer3:   Player R         
Capt   :      1 From Players A - O         
V-Capt:   1 From Players A - O         

Rules            
Selection            
Select 4 defenders, 4 midfielders, 4 forwards and 1 ruck            
If you do not enough available for any position, you can choose any other type of player to play in that position. However, only half there score (rounded up) will count. (i.e. if you play Lance Franklin as a defender and he scores 103, only 52 points will count towards your total score)            

Select 2 extra players from any position.            

Select a Captain - Double points            

Select a Vice-Captain - Double points if Captain doesn't play            

Select 3 emergencies (see below)            

Emergency Rules            
Emergency will play if a starting 15 member does not, but with conditions.            

Emergencies can only replace players in the SAME position for full points.            

However, if a player on the interchange is the same position as the player that pulled out, he will be moved into that position. The extra interchange spot will be filled by your FIRST preference listed emergency.            

If neither the interchange or emergency can fill the position, the FIRST preference emergency will fill in but only HALF the score (rounded up) will count.            

If two or emergencies are the same position (i.e. all midfielders), than the highest ranked preference will play
(i.e. if Emer2 and Emer3 are both midfielders, Emer2 will be selected)            

If an emergency is a Dual Position Player, he can be called into either position (i.e. if he is a Fwd/Mid, he can play as either a forward or mid)            

If you have more than 3 players in your starting 15 not playing, the highest value (determined by SC Price) squad member from the rest of your team will play, but only a QUARTER (rounded up) of the score will count. I.e if Alan Toovey is the highest remaining squad member, and he scores 53, only 14 points will count towards your final score.            

Submitting a Team            
Teams must be submitted before SC lock-out, in the same format as above            

If Teams are not submitted, the team listed from the previous round is assumed to be your team.            

Boomz

Tokyo Sea Lions please! Don't completely get it but sounds fun and everyone knows I'm always around :P

CrowsFan

I'll be the Sao Paulo Pumas please :)

AFEV

Considering I follow all NY teams but the Jets (Green Bay) I better take New York 8)

ossie85

Cheers guys!

This draft is going to take months to complete, but I'm confident that by February we'll have full squads!

roo boys!

Wow, this looks amazing! I'll take Toronto of course 8)

meow meow

CrowsFan

Just one thing is I'm going to be away in Nepal from 19 November till 10th December so wont be able to draft then...

Maca24

Mexico!! for me :)
So just based on SC scoring?

ossie85

Quote from: CrowsFan on October 16, 2011, 05:45:59 PM
Just one thing is I'm going to be away in Nepal from 19 November till 10th December so wont be able to draft then...

Damn! No Nepalese team :) All good CF, we'll find someone to pick for you (or you can give a big massive lists of preferences to MTTY - who at the moment is neutral)

Quote from: Maca24 on October 16, 2011, 05:46:42 PM
Mexico!! for me :)
So just based on SC scoring?

Yup! Unless people can convince us otherwise....

Maca24

I hate DT, so I'm happy with that  8)

DazBurg

Carltonrok

ossie85

Everybody starts with NOTHING.

A draft will occur with all current players (randomised draft). Will take forever to complete, but we should each have a squad of 40 or so by the end of it. So Pick 15 from that.

The draft draw hasn't been determined yet, but it would be randomly decided, and reverses after each round (so if you have the first pick in the first round, you'll have the last pick in the second round)

And done carlton rok

FisherSaints