A League 2011/12 Fox Sports Fantasy

Started by BlueStorm, September 15, 2011, 10:23:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlueStorm

Sorry Luigi, been a hell week at work and doing my best to keep up with fresh teams on current page  :P

MTTY - Structure looks good, would fiddle with a few players though. Seriously doubt Madaschi will see much game time in the Victory backline. Options incl Van de Brink (safe option) or Fabinho (the new Victory guy, riskier as haven't seen anything from him yet, but starting tonight in trial game). Both the same price as Madaschi.

Not a fan of the midfield line-up. Fat Cat (Hernandez) is on the outer a little @ Victory after returning to pre-season late and overweight (what a shock! ;D). With the addition of Kewell, Cernak & Solarzano, reckon he will be used as more of an impact player, hence less opportunities. Robson of GC has done bugger all in his A League time, and can't see that changing anytime soon.

Replacement options - Those 2 cost you $425. Using the same cash, you could grab T Brown (Well - $200) and Dodd (Peth - $225) and think they should eclipse any points Fat Cat/Robson could output. Cheaper option would be Nichols (Bris - $200) and Pantelis (Well - $150), which frees up $75k for another upgrade (possibly Hoffman to a decent starting FWD).

Luigi - There is nothing WRONG with the team, but my comment is that it is TOO even. Aside from Emmo, little in the way of star factor and while it could work, worried you will end up with heaps of 2's each week, and little 6 or 7's.

Up to you if you want to change it - easiest way would swap Emmo with another decent midfield option at a cheaper price (Dodd, Carle or Henrique), or switch him to Broich if Emmo will miss round 1 (and other weekends with Socceroos committments).

Concerned you won't score much from defender picks like Bodrusic, Jurman & Hammill. They may play, but can't see them banging in goals or assists, so really relying on them to keep clean sheets each week. Can't see that happening too often for Sydney & Heart. If you downgrade Emmo, will have cash to play with to improve that line.

My Chumps

First timer when it comes to fantasy soccer this year with my EPL team and now A-League  :)
Don't follow the A-League too closely, but I always try to watch Victory's games.
Don't have much clue about decent players except for the big names, so here's my first try. ;)

GK: Reddy

DEF: Vargas, D Mullen, Stefanutto, Van Den Brink

MID: Kewell, Dodd, Fred

FWD: Thompson, Djite, Williams

L.Thomas, (3) Hingert, (2) Slory, (1) Amini.

BlueStorm

Gotta say I like it as a first up effort My Chumps. You will find the AL Fantasy much easier than EPL - way smaller talent pool to choose from, first teams tend to be more settled, and don't have the deal with interruptions from Euro Comps / FA Cup / League Cup etc...

Not sure how much value you will get for both Vargas & Stefanutto, but neither are bad selections. Certainly wouldn't want to face you week 1 of head to head with that line up, and reckon you can enter the season with confidence  ;) Good Luck!

Jake8

BS which two strikers should i go with

Greenacre and Thompson
Rojas and Simon
Allsopp and Bridge
Rojas and Greenacre(upgrade Pantelis to Dodd which would make my midfield Kewell,Fred,Nichols,Dodd(Slory)

BlueStorm

Hmmm, tough choice Jake8!

1. Greenacre & Archie - Probably the safest option of the lot.
2. Rojas & Simon - Simon, for a striker, tends to injure himself quite often.
3. Allsopp & Bridge - This pairing could be anything! Bridge spends a bit of time in the medical rooms
4. Rojas & Greenacre - Think this is the weakest of the options, but the associated midfield upgrade looks very tasty.

I think I like the Allsopp/Bridge combo to start with. Certainly different to many of the teams I have seen so far (not always a benefit, but there tends to be a lot of teams looking very similar as the season progresses). Just make sure Bridge at least suits up this week though.

Jake8

I personally like Archie and Greenacre but i agree with u Allsopp and Bridge are good to start with.

BlueStorm

That would be my second option. Guess I am a little unsure as to what to expect from Wellington this year. Greenacre often starts a season well before trailing off, so go with that if you like, but be ready to trade him out if his form slips.

My Chumps

Thanks BS, your advice is always helpful :)

Barlow 21

My Team :)

GK: Velaphi (Redmayne)
DEF: Rose, Wilkinson,Boogard, Antonis (Hamill)
MID: Vidosic, Kewell, McGlinchey, Broich (Slory)
FWD: Djite, Rojas (Broadfoot)

BlueStorm

Barlow, I started reading and was wondering how you'd done it all until I saw the forward line.

Djite, Rojas & Broadfoot is a very suspect line up, especially as the forwards are expected to generate big points. You wouldn't rely on Broadfoot for much, so you are looking for Djite & Rojas to play 90min each week and score - Unlikely :P

Think you may have to sacrifice one of Kewell or Broich to strengthen the forwards. But your call Barlow21...

Barlow 21

Quote from: BlueStorm on September 23, 2011, 08:34:35 PM
Barlow, I started reading and was wondering how you'd done it all until I saw the forward line.

Djite, Rojas & Broadfoot is a very suspect line up, especially as the forwards are expected to generate big points. You wouldn't rely on Broadfoot for much, so you are looking for Djite & Rojas to play 90min each week and score - Unlikely :P

Think you may have to sacrifice one of Kewell or Broich to strengthen the forwards. But your call Barlow21...
Thanks BS.
I have looked at my Forwardline and have decided to bring in the big gun Archie Thompson.
Out: Broich, Rojas
In: Paartalu and A.Thomspon.

BlueStorm

MTTY

Jake8

My Team
Velaphi(J Tyson)
Cole,Rose,D Mullen(Marrone,Hammil)
Nichols,Fred,Kewell,Pantelis(Slory)
Thompson,Greenacre,Djite
I done my research and figured out that Thompson and Greenacre is a better option than Bridge and Allsopp.

cptFantasy

Found a new blog specifically covering the Fox A-League fantasy game. It looks like it could end up being a great community! Here's the twitter too.

http://www.fantasyhal.com.au/

@FantasyHal