Or
2)Minniecon and Kewell

Luigi197

Quote from: Jake8 on September 17, 2011, 07:58:26 PM
Which option is better?
1)Williams and Dodd
Or
2)Minniecon and Kewell

dont take my word for it cause i havent done enough research, but 2) because Williams isnt the greatest, Kewell is (lol), and i saw many high moments from Minniecon late last year

BlueStorm

Only just logging on now for my first peek. Will need a week to look at all the teams to see who looks likely to start, but Reddy should have the starting spot with Sydney.

Jake8 - I actually like Option 1. Williams will be the Heart front man, and Dodd could go ballistic @ Perth.
Minniciecon doesn't string together enough games for my liking, which also explains my reluctance to grab Kewell.

Nice work in setting up the leagues Capt Fantasy, that will be my first step.

BlueStorm

See what you mean Luigi, the new value system takes some getting used to  ???

Started off looking impossible. Can't afford any coin on second keeper, have to pick a few true bargain basement buys (or so one hopes...), and load up on the money men!

Subject to 174 changes, draft 1 of Muscat's Starfish:

Velaphi (Tyson)
Rose, Marrone, D Mullen, Wilkinson (Hingert)
Dodd, Pelligrino, Fred (Amini, Slory)
Djite, Thompson (C), Smeltz

Won't touch Kewell until I see some exposed form. Keen on Emerton, but since he looks likely to miss round 1 with Socceroos committment (I know he wants to play, but that won't make it so), will bide my time. Unlike last year, the FFA has not scheduled any breaks in the A League season to allow for International weekends. That could see Emmo, your most expensive player, missing a little too often for my liking.

The A-League will finally get some media oxygen once both AFL & NRL GF's are out of the way, and the previews done by local writers around the country will be invaluable when searching for a cheap bolter looking at game time.

Jake8

First draft
Velaphi(J Tyson)
Rose,Cole,Traore,Marrone(Tsattatlios)
Kewell,Dodd,Nichols,Mcglinchey(Slory)
Djite,Berisha,Rojas
Will Rojas get game time cos i think he could be a steal at that price?

BlueStorm

Berisha could be anything, good luck with him.

Reckon Rojas will play most of the time. As Victory have so many attacking options this season, he may have to share some time with Kewell on the left, but suspect he will be in the starting line-up most of the time as it is his pace that will create the options for Archie, Danny et al.

Looks a tasty price, and has been through a few of my draft teams, but prefer to load up on proven forwards.

Jake8

BlueStorm

Rojas if you want security, but no idea what to expect from Berisha until I see him play. Ange is talking him up, but what coach doesn't! The plus for him is Roar are light on for attacking options, so could see a lot of game time.

I know that doesn't answer you question, but we will get more info from practise games this weekend and season previews which will help in figuring out who will start most weeks.

chrisuzz

Velaphi (McNamara)
Wilkinson, Cole, D.Mullen, Marrone (Antonis, 2)
Emerton, Vidosic, Ramsay (J.Brown 1, Slory 3)
Smeltz(C), Rojas, Petratos

First go

CrowsFan

BlueStorm reckon you could weigh in on my team? First time playing a-league fantasy and don't really watch any of it either...

Quote from: CrowsFan on September 16, 2011, 06:42:07 PM
Ok so I made a team, even though I have never really followed the A-league so will need a lot of help ;)

This is my first attempt at a team...

GK: Bolton, McNamara
DEF: I Franjuc, Rose, D Mullen, can den Brink, Antonis
MID: Nichols, Vidosic, Dugandzic, Miller, Amini
FWD: Williams, Petratos, Berisha

What do you think??

I thought Antonis was an attacking midfielder, so really surprised he was named as a defender so thought I definitely had to pick him up at that price. Amini also another I reckon will improve again this year. But apart from those 2 youngsters not really sure...

Jake8

Guys close to finishing my team but can someone answer this question(I know i ask alot).

Fred, Greenacre and Rojas
Or
Dugandzic, A Thompson and Petratos

BlueStorm

OK, let's look at them one by one.

Chrisuzz - I like it! My only reservation is Petratos. Didn't impress me last year, and while cheap, not sure he will provide the points everyone is looking for. Rest looks solid.

Crows Fan - Glad to have you on board! I am not going to lie to you and tell you it is a must-watch sport (although I do watch 95% of games and go to every Victory home game), and clearly the standard is short of the EPL which nows gets saturation coverage. At least you are interested, and hope this season gives you are reason to stick with it.

Team wise - I believe they want to play Antonis as a right back this year, so don't go expecting many goal or assist points. As a 5th (cheap) defender, can fulfill that role. Have question marks over Petratos & Miller, and both Berisha & Dugandzic could be boom or bust players. Think I'd look to strengthen the midfield a little, still got 2 weeks to tinker.

Jake8 - I like the 1st option (Fred, Greenacre & Rojas). It looks more solid across the board with 3 potential high scorers. Reckon option 2 will give you some solid points from Archie, but can't see the other 2 bailing you out when Archie has a quiet one. Think Arch will have more assists and less goals in the new Victory set-up.

For All
Reckon Slory is a must. Was far from the worst in Adelaide colors last season when he did appear, and at his bargain basement price, frees up resources to strengthen other lines. You may never use him all season, but at that price, who cares...

Brazilian left back Fabio, a new signing for Victory (know nothing about him) will debut tomorrow in pre-season clash with Adelaide, could be worth keeping an eye on depending on price. Rojas will not play, but has suited up in other pre-season games, so wouldn't stress it.

I know quite a few of you are new to A League, but the best way to help others is to spread your local news. News on the AL tends to be very city centric, so any injury updates etc you read about in the local press, pass it on. Would be great to have the FF league in the upper echelons this year  ;)

MTTY

Here's my newest version. Blue Storm could you give me your opinion please :), others as well.

GK - Velaphi

DEF- Rose, Smith, Marrone, Madaschi

MID- Hernandez(C), Robson, Fred, Amini

FWD- Djite, Van Dijk

Bench- Tyson, Hoffman, Antonis, Slory

Luigi197

Quote from: Luigi197 on September 17, 2011, 03:12:56 PM
Still getting used to the new pricing system, and yet to familiarise myself with overseas recruits, but here is my team ATM,  but no doubt it will change.

Ryan, Redmayne
Bodrusic, Jurman, Rose, Vargas, Hamill
Henrique, McGlinchey, Emerton, Pantelis, Kalmar
Djite, Simon, Minniecon

0k left in bank

Thoughts?

BS you forgot me? ;)
I am thinking downgrading Emerton because he mire not play r1, then get some more fire in my fwds?