A League 2011/12 Fox Sports Fantasy

Started by BlueStorm, September 15, 2011, 10:23:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlueStorm

Welcome all to another season of A League Fantasy!

Not quite sure when the site will open for business, I think historically it has been about 2 weeks before the start of the season, but start reading any reviews of practise matches you can. Often hard to know who will have a place in some starting line-ups, and these pre-season games always unearth one or two gems (normally under-priced or listed as a defender but playing forward now).

For those wanting to get an idea of who has gone where (and there has been a lot of movement!), a good pre-season wrap here courtesy of Fox Sports:

http://www.foxsports.com.au/football/a-league/foxsportscomau-casts-an-eye-over-each-hyundai-a-leagues-recruitment-ahead-of-2011-2012-season/story-e6frf4gl-1226135900651

Reckon if Harry plays at least 60% of the season, Victory will be hard to beat for the title. Expect him to be the most expensive player Fantasy wise, but I reckon Emerton will be the 'must have' this year. He won't be cheap, but the Marathon Man should play nearly every minute of every game, and will rack up assists and the odd goal with his runs down the right.

Culina's knee is shot and fair chance he will miss the whole season after transferring to Newcastle to be with Pappa.

Gold Coast & Central Coast to slip down the table
Perth to finally show some improvement (but geez, get sick of saying that every year!)

I am happy to start up the Fan Footy league once things are up and running, and hope to see all our friends from last season.

Bring it On!  ;D

Luigi197

I can not wait for the Season to start.
Go the HEARTS! <3

8-6 Suited

OH MELBOURNE HEART *Clap Clap*
SHA LA LA LA LALALA LA LA *Clap Clap*

BlueStorm

Another season of pain for you Heart boys I suspect. Building a young squad that should be firing in a year or two, but have lost a lot of talent and experience from last season.

8-6 Suited

And last season was one of pain? yeah... Right. For a new side, to fight the whole way for a finals berth... That must be terrible.

BlueStorm

Not denying your effort last year, and as a Victory man, would love vibrant and healthy competition between the two clubs.
Perth & NQF finished as a rabble last year, Brisbane and CCM clearly better than the rest, but there weren't many decent teams that finished below you last year.

Still a fine effort in a debut season, but think they will struggle to make finals again this season. Nothing personal 8-6, just call it as I see it.

cptFantasy

It's now open @ http://aleaguefantasy.foxsports.com.au

Have gone ahead and made a FanFooty Head 2 Head league: 167-54
(I've added Mel McLaughlin to our league in case we don't have 30 players)

and a FanFooty classic league: 167-57
(With all the Fox Sports presenters invited)

CrowsFan

Ok so I made a team, even though I have never really followed the A-league so will need a lot of help ;)

This is my first attempt at a team...

GK: Bolton, McNamara
DEF: I Franjuc, Rose, D Mullen, can den Brink, Antonis
MID: Nichols, Vidosic, Dugandzic, Miller, Amini
FWD: Williams, Petratos, Berisha

What do you think??

I thought Antonis was an attacking midfielder, so really surprised he was named as a defender so thought I definitely had to pick him up at that price. Amini also another I reckon will improve again this year. But apart from those 2 youngsters not really sure...

reesbr

Jake8

Luigi197

Still getting used to the new pricing system, and yet to familiarise myself with overseas recruits, but here is my team ATM,  but no doubt it will change.

Ryan, Redmayne
Bodrusic, Jurman, Rose, Vargas, Hamill
Henrique, McGlinchey, Emerton, Pantelis, Kalmar
Djite, Simon, Minniecon

0k left in bank

Thoughts?

Luigi197

does anyone know how/where to change your password?

MTTY

Went with

Velaphi

Rose, D.Mullen, Colosimo, Cole

Robson, Srhoj, Kewell, Emerton(C)

Djite, Terra

Bench - Tyson, Germano, Minniecon, Tsattalios
                            1            2              3

The return

who will play more? reddy or necevski for sydney goal keeping?

Luigi197

Quote from: The return on September 17, 2011, 04:55:32 PM
who will play more? reddy or necevski for sydney goal keeping?

Reddy i would think