THE 2012 SC/DT GUIDE! MUST GETS AND AVOIDS EACH TEAM

Started by -GWS, September 08, 2011, 11:00:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PowerBug

I like how you've told me to get Cox Naitanui and McEvoy ;)

RiOtChEsS

good effort ;) not trying to knock ur work but often things dont play out the way we think, next year will be next year ;)

a few locks from last years end of season rants were K.Jack, B.Lake, L.Anthony, S.Sidebottom yada yada yada all fail

-GWS

Everyone has there different opinions of different players, this is a basic guide for ones to watch and ones to avoid. Again you don't have to like everything i say, just my opinion.

Dudge

Alot of work mate good effort. Don't agree with all , but good insight

North Melbournes Finest

I'm not sure if some people are being serious, he's not saying you have to get every must get player and you'll have your side. A "must get" is basically the best one or two SC players from each side. I guess some of you guys think to highly of yourselves just to say nice write up!

8-6 Suited

DT87

Quote from: -GWS on September 08, 2011, 11:00:38 PMAvoid-
Brian Lake
- Injury prone lately, and cannot find his 2010 All Australian full back form, dont think about getting him.

You have little faith. Yes, his entire 2011 was ruined by injuries, but for that reason he will be VERY cheap next year, and he has half a year to get over those injuries before the 2012 season. You can never ignore cheap premiums just because of one bad year. Preseason will be the best way to judge whether or not Lake will be worth the risk next year.

Good write up otherwise.

Maca24

Not very well written, and I don't agree with what you have said  :P
Nice try though.

Luigi197

A decent read. Don't know too much about the 2012 season to be able to disagree with you... yet.
I like Heppell for next year. I usually avoid second year players usually cause of their awkward price and not good enogh averages, but Heppell has proved everything and will be a star.

A good guide for beginners, the experienced will know what to disagree with, but are smart enough no to mention it :P

Torress

yea good write up. in a sense i guess having a debrief as soon as SC ends is good for the memory bank for next year mate.. can't really pick anyone just as a player's price is vital. ppl like scotty thompson was a good pick up as he was under 450k?? he won't be any good next year (in the view that i don't think he'll improve his output from this season), or i guess if his price lowers you could trade him in but not value to start with.
have to assess pre-seasons before anything. didak is a big no from me next year wingman don't score enough.
i think the big pickle next year is who to start in the ruck? cox had a big pre season but that'll be shortened this pre season as the eagles are in the mix. and will nic nat keep taking more points off next year?? i think a fit cox is locked as no. 1 still. and sandi?? 2 years in a row for missing a chunk of prob two important stages of SC season! then we have emerging ruck guns - mummy, leunberger? goldstein will be too expensive in my oppinion. Hmac did it for us when he was cheap a few years ago, but if he's at NM still  :-X  ??
i think this year SCers are turned off mid pricers, as most mid pricers score what say mature aged rookies score for example?? we still get a vast selection from a new team full of rookies with GWS to help us next season.
one thing for me is GAJ locked in round 1 next year - captain. super professional should have is body purring next season, guesss he will be more climatised with the heat, ect. even missing a few during the season aint a big deal.