Your name is Selwood? Have a free kick...

Started by blah128, September 03, 2011, 10:55:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blah128

Joel Selwood 6 frees for 3 against
Scott Selwood 6 frees for 1 against
Adam Selwood 3 frees for 1 against

I know they all get their heads in and under a lot but 15 free kicks between them is quite a few

elephants

You're only just working this out?? They play an interesting style bit being and eagles fan I'm all for it.

Victorius Secret

Flame

They are tough and hard for the footy. Prob deserve them!

blah128

I'm not having a whinge...they do earn most if not all of them...just noticed there was heaps of them

Fenno

If your first to the ball and they more than often are you will receive more free kicks than you give away.

popedelio

Well every time they approach a tackle they come in at a angle with the shoulder lower then the tacklers arm, and in result they cop one high, it's a very good tactic the selwoods have

GoLions

Quote from: Fenno on September 04, 2011, 02:42:54 AM
If your first to the ball and they more than often are you will receive more free kicks than you give away.
+1

the raven

No doubt they play for the free kicks. Joel selwood the only decent one. The other 2 are just hacks trying to keep up with him so they duck there head lower to try win more free kicks/easy stats. Mind you, the eagles in general play for free kicks.

Windigo

Troy does it as well and every time he just about gets killed.  :P

mpollock

If you duck your head .. it shouldn't be a free kick!  That's what the Selwood brothers do .. and it is a joke!  Almost as bad as the Matthew Loyd fake push in the back a few years back!

Holz

if you look at the stats adam and scott dont get that many FF usually. I personally think Joel deserves most of the free he gets if you look at the other players who get lots of free kicks they are genrally good players who work hard for the ball if you exclude brogan and toy the top FF guys are Selwood, Hayes, Murphy, Cox, Swallow

elephants

Quote from: the raven on September 04, 2011, 02:24:41 PM
No doubt they play for the free kicks. Joel selwood the only decent one. The other 2 are just hacks trying to keep up with him so they duck there head lower to try win more free kicks/easy stats. Mind you, the eagles in general play for free kicks.
Umm dude Jelwood gets more frees than Adam or Scott. I don't see you placing your body on the line week in week out. Nothing is saying its illegal just pure footy smarts combined with the ability to read the play. Please, we don't care about your unwarranted hate on the eagles.

PowerBug

Quote from: mpollock on September 04, 2011, 11:30:50 PM
If you duck your head .. it shouldn't be a free kick!  That's what the Selwood brothers do .. and it is a joke!  Almost as bad as the Matthew Loyd fake push in the back a few years back!
I think you'll find that they drop their knees. Thus getting frees.

Quote from: Windigo on September 04, 2011, 07:38:36 PM
Troy does it as well and every time he just about gets killed.  :P
He'll learn how to play. Probs why he went to brizzy while the other went to West Coast and Geelong.