Main Menu

When are we going to catch a break

Started by AFEV, July 31, 2011, 05:12:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

roo boys!

In the context of a whole season, not just one game ;)

Windigo

Even when the Pies were down 30 points it still had them at like $1.30 to win.  ;)

Maca24

Quote from: roo boys! on August 01, 2011, 07:08:52 PM
In the context of a whole season, not just one game ;)
Yeah easily. Consistency is our main issue besides injury.

Boomz

Quote from: ossie85 on August 01, 2011, 01:59:43 PM
Agree with Cruise.

Essendon really only dominated Collingwood for about 5 minutes in the first quarter. The rest of the first half was Essendon holding the Pies at bay, and taking oppurtunities (so many 50m+ goals!!), which no doubt they did well.

But like Cruise said, at quarter time, I still felt the Pies would win.

So did I even before the injuries... but do u really think we would have laid down and died in the last quarter and a bit if we weren't 2 down & rotating another 2 injured? I highly doubt it.

MajorLazer

You guys have been unlucky with injuries, but so have us (Hawthorn) and Freo so not too sympathetic.

Luigi197

We had a dodgy fixture with the Bye placing the no.1 factor (compared to every other team).
I guess we must move on now and focus on achieving what we can with the current (un-injured) lot, and then bring the other back up to speed when they are ready I guess :)

PowerBug

The team with the Round 24 bye is pointless unless your playing finals.

AFEV

Wow!
The injury list that was released today tells us we have more injuries than any other club has had at one time all year...Yes Freo fans, we win ::)

18 people on the injury list.

Heath Hocking
General soreness (foot)Test
Heath is recovering from soreness in his foot, sustained from a previous injury. He is a reasonable chance to return this weekend but will face fitness tests to determine his availability for selection.
Michael Hibberd
Hamstring 1-2 weeks
Michael is recovering well after recently sustaining a hamstring injury. He will be monitored and reassessed in the next week.

Tayte Pears
Leg 2-3 weeks
Tayte is recovering well from a slight hairline fracture in his lower leg. He will miss the next two weeks but has commenced rehabilitation programs.

Michael Hurley
Foot Test
Michael is an outside chance to return this week after a stress reaction in his foot. He will be closely monitored by the club during the week to determine his availability for selection.

Darcy Daniher
Hip Indefinite
Darcy is recovering from recent groin and hip injuries. He is likely to miss the remainder of the season but is tracking well with his recovery and rehabilitation.

Nathan Lovett-Murray

Calf Test
Nathan is tracking well from a tight calf. He is a strong chance to return to the field this week, but will face fitness tests to determine his availability.

Cale Hooker
Hamstring 3 weeks
Cale has suffered a slight setback in his recovery, re-straining his hamstring. He is at least three weeks away and is undergoing extensive rehabilitation.

Andrew Welsh
Hamstring Test
Andrew is recovering well from a hamstring strain. He is a strong chance to return this week but will undergo testing to determine his availability for selection.

Scott Gumbleton

Back Test
Scott will face fitness tests later this week to determine his availability for selection. He is likely to make a return to the field via the Bendigo Bombers.

Dustin Fletcher
Leg Test
Dustin is progressing well after internal bleeding in his leg caused significant swelling in his ankles. He is a strong chance to return this week but will face fitness tests.

David Myers
Finger Test
David dislocated his finger and it was put back in place immediately during the game. He is most likely to be available this week.

David Zaharakis
Elbow Test
David has sustained a minor pain in his elbow and will have treatment during the week. He is very likely to be available for selection this week.

Courtenay Dempsey
Knee Season
Courtenay has undergone successful surgery to his ruptured ACL and has commenced his rehabilitation, including a specific weights program. Courtenay is placed on the Club's long term injury list.

Sam Lonergan
Knee Season
Sam has torn a grade three medial ligament in his knee. Sam has undergone successful surgery to his torn medial ligament and has now commenced his early rehabilitation. He will miss the remainder of the season.

Anthony Long
Hamstring Indefinite
Anthony tracking well with his rehabilitation and recovery regimes. He is likely to miss the rest of the season but is undergoing rehabilitation.

Jason Winderlich
Knee Season
Jason has undergone successful surgery to his ruptured ACL. He has commenced his rehabilitation and has recently resumed running. Jason is placed on the Club's long term injury list.

Brent Prismall
Knee TBC
Scans today have confirmed that Brent has ruptured the anterior cruciate ligament in his left knee. He will see a surgeon tonight to determine the full extent of the injury.

Travis Colyer
Lower leg TBC
Travis has sustained significant damage to his lower leg and ankle. Scans have revealed he has also strained the medial ligament in his knee.

Zarts

I don't think you win... at some point in the season freo only had a squad of 24 to choose their best 22 from due to injuries...

Cookie Monster

they probably have less listed players, we have more players to pick, but we have more on the injury list than they did.

AFEV

Quote from: Zarts on August 04, 2011, 02:47:44 PM
I don't think you win... at some point in the season freo only had a squad of 24 to choose their best 22 from due to injuries...
Might be because we can pick rookies due to more season ending injuries/people on the LTI list?

Cookie Monster

Quote from: Sid on August 04, 2011, 05:00:24 PM
Might be because we can pick rookies due to more season ending injuries/people on the LTI list?
and if you look through that list, there is about 14-15 of our best 22.

AFEV

Quote from: Cookie Monster on August 04, 2011, 05:03:58 PM
Quote from: Sid on August 04, 2011, 05:00:24 PM
and if you look through that list, there is about 14-15 of our best 22.
Confirmed it now. People who are on the senior list and absent form the injury list: 22.
I think we win ;) The other 4 or so are obviously rookies available for selection due to players on the LTI list.

Cookie Monster

In: Dustin Fletcher, Heath Hocking, Michael Hurley

WOW 0.o

Hurley and Fletch in means we aren't keeping Ryder down back, Bellchambers, the only ommision.

roo boys!

I wouldn't play Hurley if I were them...but oh well....