Andrew Walker All-Australian? I think not.

Started by ossie85, July 07, 2011, 04:22:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ossie85

Ok. First of all, Andrew Walker has had a great year, and it is not my intent to bag him.

But I can not believe how many people have him pegged as an All-Australian this year. He has not proven himself against the top teams. And is not up to that standard.

Some stats.....

SC Average: 88.64
Goals per game: 2.57

Not bad for a small-ish forward.

Oh.. .but wait....

Against Top 8 Sides
SC Average: 69.17
Goals per game: 1.00

Against Bottom 9 Sides
SC Average: 103.25
Goals per game: 3.75

That is far too big a difference. Yes, all players better against worse teams. But not by that much.

In the 4 games Carlton haven't won, he has averaged 59.50 SC, at 0.50 goals per game. Take away the Geelong match, and it goes down to 44.67 and no goals scored. So I will give him credit for the Geelong match! 20 goals in his 4 matches against the current bottom 4 sides have inflated his worth.

RiOtChEsS

tbh ya didnt even have to go to that statistical extent :D

Justin Bieber

Quote from: Marcz on July 07, 2011, 04:53:08 PM
tbh ya didnt even have to go to that statistical extent :D
Haha!! He's had a great year but don't think he'd AA standard either.

Usman

Great stats good argument. definately doesnt deserve AA

Cruiseon

RiOtChEsS

Cruiseon

I was going to say Garlett but the wind up was a better option.

PowerBug

I don't know about this topic. I believe that Andrew Walker should be All-Australian. He has proven to kick bags of goals when he gets the chance, and as far as those stats go, he's had 4 bad games for the year, which i believe is pretty darn good. The only reason why he won't get in, is because Garlett or Betts beat him!

8-6 Suited

Quote from: PowerBug on August 04, 2011, 10:59:51 PM
I don't know about this topic. I believe that Andrew Walker should be All-Australian. He has proven to kick bags of goals when he gets the chance, and as far as those stats go, he's had 4 bad games for the year, which i believe is pretty darn good. The only reason why he won't get in, is because Garlett or Betts beat him!

You also believed Port should beat Collingwood so really, what you say is pretty stupid ultimately.

PowerBug

I thought they'd be a good chance with those players that got omitted on the days leading up. Rodan , Chaplin , Thomas , Logan. With those players we'd have done much better and been closer to my prediction.

ossie85

Unfortunately Walker might make the All-Aus team based on goals only, sigh.

Give me Stevie Johnson any day. Hell... and I can't believe I'm going to say this... Milne probably deserves it more.

Cruiseon

Quote from: ossie85 on August 08, 2011, 09:38:56 AM

Give me Stevie Johnson any day. Hell... and I can't believe I'm going to say this... Milne probably deserves it more.

Tough times indeed Os.

That said Milne like Walker only kicks bags against poor opposition. Unlike Stevie Johnson who, when he flicks his magic switch, destroys everyone.

RiOtChEsS

Quote from: Cruiseon on August 08, 2011, 03:23:35 PM
Quote from: ossie85 on August 08, 2011, 09:38:56 AM

Tough times indeed Os.

That said Milne like Walker only kicks bags against poor opposition. Unlike Stevie Johnson who, when he flicks his magic switch, destroys everyone.

really? Saints 0 goals (2 games) Freo 1 goal, Hawks 2 goals (2 games) Swans 1 goal, Eagles 2 goals, Collingwood 1 goal...

39 for the year and 20 of them against Melbourne and The Suns

ossie85

Fair call Marcz, no doubt.

I rate Johnson's midfield skills as better than Walker's

RiOtChEsS

i dont disagree with that at all... but we r talking AA fwd pocket yeah?

Stevie J is a match winner, he was kept quiet against us (12kicks 7 handballs) yet still kicked 3 goals late...

Stevie J isnt really a forward pocket nor was Didak last year but thats where he was selected so who knows ::)