Main Menu

Mr Football beta test

Started by ben1994, April 30, 2011, 12:37:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ben1994

Hey.

I need some help. On the web game i get past all the drafts and then get up to pre season trainning, i dont know what to do from there. Is this a dumb question??

Ben

m0nty

Yes, because I haven't finished it yet.  :)

ben1994

ooooo ::) Sorry mate did not know. It looks good up to there but ;D
Keep up the good work

Doogie

CrowsFan

Just some guy spamming the site with rubbish Doogie ;)

Ziplock

I wouldnt say spamming, I made the same mistake myself, he's just asking a uestion :P

CrowsFan

Quote from: Ziplock on September 22, 2011, 12:33:09 AM
I wouldnt say spamming, I made the same mistake myself, he's just asking a uestion :P
The post in question has been deleted Ziplock ::)

Ziplock

oh lol, I thought you were talking about OP, and I was like- hey, now that's harsh...

m0nty

This has been just over a year in the making, and it's finally here. The beta (i.e. public testing phase) of the Mr Football Australian football management simulation game is now open and free to play. Many elements have not been added in yet - most notably the integration with Facebook to enable buying of virtual items - but what is there should (fingers crossed) be playable without running into any show-stopping bugs. Parts of it will be unbalanced, but that's what the beta is for, to fix it, so give me as much feedback in this thread as you can possibly stand please!

Make your Mr Football beta team!

Currently, you can play as much as you like. The full game will include an energy system, as you may be familiar with from other Facebook games, whereby you are allocated a certain amount of energy to start with which allow you to do things in-game, and it takes a certain amount of time for that energy refresh so you can play some more. In the case of Mr Football, the energy will be in the form of "tickets", which you'd get four of to start with and only get four maximum, and you get a new one every two hours. Coding that is beyond my weary head at the moment, I'll look at it later.

The first problem (possibly unique to the beta) you may run into is finding other worthy teams to play against, especially if you race through the seasons and build a massively costly team. The dynamics of the fan rules mean that you'd be best off waiting for at least a dozen other teams to catch up to where your team value is, as playing against much weaker teams destroys your fan base pretty quickly. Similarly, I expect a bunch of you will want to push on to compile the most valuable team possible, so others will be left with a gap in between the noobs and the guns where they struggle to find competitive opponents. I plan on creating a bunch of robot teams with values all the way up the scale to fix this, eventually, but that will take time so you're on your own for now.

I need to fix a bunch of things in the rules document to align it with the rules that are actually in the code. That will come later as well. Most important thing to remember is that "Fan Δ" column on the selection page, which indicates the bonus or penalty to your fans you get from playing that opponent. As you can see, it gets pretty harsh if you play too many noobs for easy wins.

As I said, the point of this beta is for you guys to give me feedback, so I want to hear every little interesting thought in your head as you play it. Yes, I know it's very bare bones at the moment. Nevertheless, I hope you'll be able to see the building blocks of a great game in there. Enjoy!

ossie85

Right. So.. sign in page... how do I press enter?

m0nty

bomberboy0618

If its possible, it would be good to have the options that appear at the top on the list page on the players screen so I can upgrade players and go straight back to selection, rather than upgrade, click back and refresh (pedantic I know, but you wanted feedback).

CrowsFan

You can BB. Just click on the name of your team once you have upgraded one of your players ;)

bomberboy0618

CrowsFan

I don't know then.

I seem to be stuck. I have finished my first season, and the status says post season, and the stage is list management. I have upgraded everyone's skills and attributes, but can't seem to go any further?

What do I do now?