Main Menu

Important Win

Started by Alex7089, March 27, 2011, 12:02:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alex7089

Important win for Freo tonight.
2 point victory coming from behind against Brisbane. Gives them a win away from Perth, which they don't get often. Also gives them 4 points which is handy. Gives the young team a bit of coincidence in their ability away, and proves Freo have half decent depth (for once!)

Boomz

hmmm It's a good win yes but to be fair Brisbane were half injured :-\ shows they have depth but it was only against brisbane who were wounded.

valkorum

I know there was only 1 player left for rotations for Brisbane but I will take the win.  I am sure I have suffered enough losses to have one that goes our way for a change.

Great start boys, hard fought but we take home the important 4 points.

I hope J-Brown, Staker and Beams arent injured too badly.

bunyip

I agree Valk, a win is a win. Freo won't be at their peak this early in the season, so a win away from the fortress is a bonus. Brisbane would have fancied their chances last night, so a good performance.

valkorum

Exactly Bunyip.  I think Harves has learnt from last year.  We started strong early and ran out of steam.  Our big injury list is almost forcing us to go down this path of starting slow and building during the year.  It worked for Sydney for how many years ;)

Cicjose

on a side note did you pick fyfe Valk?

29 disposals to lead fremantle last night

valkorum

Quote from: Cicjose on March 27, 2011, 02:45:52 PM
on a side note did you pick fyfe Valk?

29 disposals to lead fremantle last night

Sure did - I even posted about it just after lockout in Players and Trades DT

Cicjose

What Fremantle need to do next week is back it up hopefully by a larger margin

valkorum

Quote from: Cicjose on March 27, 2011, 10:43:05 PM
What Fremantle need to do next week is back it up hopefully by a larger margin

We play Geelong at Subi next week I think.  I couldnt care if the margin is big or not, I would rather take another win by 1 point.

Cicjose

We need percentage early in the season so that we can go top. I dont see us being top of a table in the near future if we grind out wins

valkorum

Quote from: Cicjose on March 27, 2011, 11:46:51 PM
We need percentage early in the season so that we can go top. I dont see us being top of a table in the near future if we grind out wins

I would rather see us grind out wins while we are still waiting for best 22 players to come back from injury.  Once they are back then we can start taking teams apart and bolstering the %.

Cicjose

yeah but won't that take too much of a toll on the depth fitness having to grind out wins?

valkorum

Quote from: Cicjose on March 28, 2011, 06:40:25 PM
yeah but won't that take too much of a toll on the depth fitness having to grind out wins?

Thats where I have faith in our pre-season that our boys can handle it.

Cicjose

yeah but our injuries were caused by training mishaps what's to say they aren't going to be brittle in the heat of battle

valkorum

Quote from: Cicjose on March 28, 2011, 06:53:24 PM
yeah but our injuries were caused by training mishaps what's to say they aren't going to be brittle in the heat of battle

Can you please stop thinking negative (just once) Cic.  You always throw the negative in all your threads about Freo.  We are a new club and we are going places.  Get on board