Main Menu

vs Carlton

Started by bunyip, March 24, 2011, 05:37:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bunyip

What are the Tiges going to show us tonight I wonder. There are already rumblings that this should not be the season opener, and I agree, the season opener should be last seasons Grand Finalists.
Having said that, Richmond have done poorly against Carlton this round. It's only 1 game, but I would prefer we didn't start off the season with a one sided thrashing.
Carlton will be hoping to get the season off to a good start. Richmond will be looking for an "unexpected win"
There was a time last season when the Tiges gave themselves a chance for the 8, remember that? They have 5 new players, 3 of which are making their debut, so they may struggle against a team that is fairly settled, but, having said that, still has a few issues.
If Richmond get off to a good start, and are fairly close at half time, anything could happen. My money will be on the Blues, but I hope Richmond can make a game of it. I'll be watching with interest, if I get bored, there's always the cricket, isn't there?

pyronerd

i think richmond will make it a fairly close game this time, but my money is on carlton also

Justin Bieber

Due to Carlton's inaccurate kicking, it was a close game. JRoo is there clear star and MVP by a long way! He dominated one on one with Thornton and made something out of nothing on several occasions.

They were quite competitive but got off to a slow start which hurt. Waite subbed off early helped them out a bit but wasn't enough :(. Good signs though from some of the younger players like Conca, Astbury, Rance, Cothcin (second half), etc.

RiOtChEsS

my 2yo son could beat Thornton in a one on one he looks like a slips fielder...

who locked the door to the changerooms at halftime i didnt see a single Blue in the 3rd qtr...

seriously tho theres potential there for the Tiges and Cotchin looks set to breakout :)

Wes Mantooth

i knew cotch would break up this year but foley for the money offered better.
wish i had gone with cotch... hopefully foley is over his cold/vomit/deathbed thing

RiOtChEsS

Got TC in SC hopefully he stays fit...