Main Menu

Nominations for the best ever Saint

Started by BoredSaint, January 12, 2011, 08:21:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BoredSaint

Nominations for the best ever Saint

This is following on with Junky`s Adelaide version and I have decided to start it in the St Kilda section. You can nominate any St Kilda player who has played but you must have a short and sharp reasoning behind your nomination.
The first 8 to be nominated will go through to the voting stage.

Nominations so far:
Tony Lockett
Robert Harvey
Darryl Baldock
Ian Stewart
Nick Riewoldt
Nicky Winmar
Trevor Barker
Barry Breen

pyronerd

Robert Harvey, the St. Kilda games record holder and winner of 2 brownlow medals

ossie85

Darrel Baldock

Hawka

Ian Stewart won 3 brownlows(2 for saints ) b and f winner
and was a premishp player

nas

Well i have to go with plugger:> Lockett's best season at St Kilda was in 1991, when he kicked 127 goals in 17 games, at an average of 7.47 goals per game, the highest average ever achieved in VFL/AFL history. He was also the spearhead for St Kilda's first finals appearance since 1973. In the Qualifying Final against Geelong he kicked nine goals and five behinds, although the Saints were beaten by seven points. Lockett was described by dual Brownlow medallist Robert Harvey as the best player he had ever seen and that his move from St Kilda was a great loss to the club

BoredSaint

Quote from: naste on January 12, 2011, 09:41:37 PM
Well i have to go with plugger:> Lockett's best season at St Kilda was in 1991, when he kicked 127 goals in 17 games, at an average of 7.47 goals per game, the highest average ever achieved in VFL/AFL history. He was also the spearhead for St Kilda's first finals appearance since 1973. In the Qualifying Final against Geelong he kicked nine goals and five behinds, although the Saints were beaten by seven points. Lockett was described by dual Brownlow medallist Robert Harvey as the best player he had ever seen and that his move from St Kilda was a great loss to the club
i already nominated him first..

nas

I know just getting that I completely agree with your nomination

BoredSaint

Quote from: naste on January 12, 2011, 09:50:32 PM
I know just getting that I completely agree with your nomination
ahaha no probs then.. you should start the port one naste

bomberboy0618

BoredSaint

definately.. still need 4 more though..

ossie85

Spose St. Nick Riewoldt deserves a mention :)

and how about Nicky Winmar?

BoredSaint

yeah riewoldt.. best saint of the modern era
yeah winmar was awesome in his day
2 more

cookie311993

I would vote for Robert Harvey. Legend of the Saints and the game

BoredSaint

hawk_88

Plugger is going to open up an interesting side to these "best ever" polls. Is the nominated player judged purely on what they did whist at the club or for example could you say that Nathan Buckley was the best Brisbane Lion/Bear ever?