Draft Style league 2011 SC

Started by DazBurg, December 19, 2010, 01:09:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bomberboy0618

Luigi197

Yea Daz i get it; so instead of following eachothers scores in an FF SC League we can just check on here...

COUNT ME IN, with BB incase you haven't read our thread :P :

http://www.fanfooty.com.au/forum/index.php/topic,23332.0.html !

But i dont get that stuff about 4 captains and 4 teams stuff... I dont even know what Tier means... And who said what abut betting??

Luigi :D

DazBurg

Quote from: Luigi197 on December 19, 2010, 03:06:34 PM
Yea Daz i get it; so instead of following eachothers scores in an FF SC League we can just check on here...

COUNT ME IN, with BB incase you haven't read our thread :P :

http://www.fanfooty.com.au/forum/index.php/topic,23332.0.html !

But i dont get that stuff about 4 captains and 4 teams stuff... I dont even know what Tier means... And who said what abut betting??

Luigi :D
instead of just a straight out   normal  league
we make teams
we have say 4 captains and based on ur average last year u are played in a tier
so in the first round the captain draft from tier 1 they get a team each then goes to tier 2

so instead of ur against someone else it's actually ur team of players against another team we add up every player from ur team's week score and put that total against the team u are facing all added up

bomberboy0618

betting? i think he means bidding.

Luigi197

ahh so It's like Team 1 v Team 2; and both of those teams will have like 4 SC teams in it and u add all their scores up. i get it. sorry, im not into FTP... and havent used the word tier much...

But isnt it easy to lie? i wouldnt btw :P

but yea count me and BB down, just add my name next to BB coz we are doing a combined team nxt year... MASTERMIND ;D

Luigi197

Quote from: bomberboy0618 on December 19, 2010, 03:13:48 PM

oh like to get into a captain's team?

doesnt that mean money though?

DazBurg

Quote from: Luigi197 on December 19, 2010, 03:16:16 PM
Quote from: bomberboy0618 on December 19, 2010, 03:13:48 PM

oh like to get into a captain's team?

doesnt that mean money though?
nah see in FTP we were going to bid like in the IPL
but was to confusing so instead we did a draft
and in this it will be a draft to hard for bidding

and people could lie but u can actually search up teams on SC so could easily be found out
plus i doubt anyone on here would stoop to that level

Luigi197

yea also how will you decide the draft picks? if its only based on last year then i'm doomedl and i wouldnt be the only one... we all get better every year... plus id be teaming up with BB anywayz...

DazBurg

Quote from: Luigi197 on December 19, 2010, 03:34:13 PM
yea also how will you decide the draft picks? if its only based on last year then i'm doomedl and i wouldnt be the only one... we all get better every year... plus id be teaming up with BB anywayz...
well once we have the captains we put it into a random thing and then it will do 1 and 2 and so on
well the average is just for the tier's to split things up a little we don't have to worry about tiers even but it makes it a little less complicated for everyone when split into tiers so then we know in round one say only 4 teams up for grabs meaning 1 pick each then round2 the same

or we can go tiers and just pick whoever they want

but the tier's help also for the captain's to know who done good last year and who might not of but seem to be on the improve from the preseason talk ;)                         

pyronerd

same here, i wouldnt be surprised if i was last pick based on last year  :P

DazBurg

Quote from: pyronerd on December 19, 2010, 03:40:18 PM
same here, i wouldnt be surprised if i was last pick based on last year  :P

it's doesn't really matter where u are picked just a way of separating with the tiers so we know where we are at

plus like i said gives the captains an idea of who was good who looks on the improve through there comments and preseason teams
and those who might go backwards

DazBurg

but like i said we don't really need tier we could just have the captains randomize the draft then pick away ;)

that will show the good captains that pay attention then
otherwise really picking blind
cuz if we don't have tiers we won't know each others average from last year ;)

bomberboy0618

i like tiers, coz otherwise someone could just pick all tier 1. the good thing bout the ftp one was that it allowed better teams to give advice to weaker ones, improving everyone in the long run.

Maca24

yea based on last year i sucked but im confident ill improve.
anyway sounds like a lot of fun.

bomberboy0618

Quote from: Maca24 on December 19, 2010, 04:03:59 PM
yea based on last year i sucked but im confident ill improve.
anyway sounds like a lot of fun.
+1 i only averaged 2126 :(