Quote from: BratPack on December 05, 2010, 02:47:11 AM
Quote from: hawka26 on December 05, 2010, 12:25:12 AM
leckie,kantarovski,oar are the nxt cahill,kewell and neill

In that case we'll be out in the first round again
Exactly my thoughts..

Cicjose

Hawka

seriusosly y cant we qualigy we have the crop of youngsters alrite il change it

oar,leckie,kantarovski will be better than kewell,niel(but not good as cahill ;)

CrowsFan

There is no way of knowing how good any of those players will be in 12 years time!
In 12 years Oar and Kantarovski will be 30 and Leckie will be 31, so their best football will be behind them, so realistically 2018 would be better for them because they should be in their peak then, but as I said it is impossible to know what will be happening then.
You can't forget that all the other countries have got youngsters who are just as good or actually better. To name just a few:
England:
Wilshere (18)
Jones (18)
Rodwell (19)
Brazil:
Coutinho (18)
Neymar (18)
Douglas Costa (20)
Andrigo (15)
France:
Kakuta (19)
Griezmann (19)
Mangala (19)
Spain:
Alcantara (19)
Keko (18)
Pacheco (19)
Munian (17)
Canales (19)

And they were all off the top of my head...

Hawka

well thats very true CF and im usre theres other england younsters and spaish that could b beta than the 1 you mentioned

Master Q

I doubt we will ever get a player like Cahill again...

Hawka

well Q the thing is cahill is a diffrent player since the world cup he is so much beta thx to that send off..his form for everton has been  ;D :o :o
and the socceroos are gona reap the rewards with him in the asian cup if wilkshire can do wat leighton baines has been doin in crossing and cahill can have a very solid middie ally feeding him the ball(mikel arteta

CrowsFan

Cahill plays a different role for Australia to that at everton. At everton he is basically used as a
second striker so is always up front, but for aus they need him in the centre so he plays a
fair bit deeper. Also he doesn't have the same level of support from other players when playing for aus

Hawka

i want osicek to get him to play the same role as he does for everton cos like everton australia dont rely have a goal scorer this season who is scoring much like kennedy and mcdonald for australia and saha and yak for everton

Fletch74

Quote from: Cicjose on December 05, 2010, 04:00:57 AM
i dont think we will qualify
That's very premature for you to say that CJ. It's 12 years away, we have some very good youths coming through.

Hawka

Quote from: Fletch74 on December 05, 2010, 09:51:42 PM
Quote from: Cicjose on December 05, 2010, 04:00:57 AM
i dont think we will qualify
That's very premature for you to say that CJ. It's 12 years away, we have some very good youths coming through.
my point exactly thx fletch  ;)

Master Q

We will qualify for every World Cup for the next few, easy.

Cicjose

but the best football of a player is before they turn 25

CrowsFan

Quote from: Cicjose on December 05, 2010, 09:58:41 PM
but the best football of a player is before they turn 25
no it's not. Most players peak at around 27, although it differs for everyone