2018 and 2022 announcement

Started by Hawka, December 02, 2010, 08:38:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andrew3737

China was a lock to hold 26 or 30. 100% they change the rules for them to change the rules so they can host it.

Cicjose

Qatar has a population less than 2 million (1,696,563) and their NT is full of nationalised brazilians. That alone IMO

Average high temperature at the time of a WC (°C)   

Jun   Jul   Aug   
(41)(46) (44)   

The laws of Qatar tolerate alcohol to a certain extent. However, the few bars and nightclubs in Qatar operate only in expensive hotels and clubs, with Qatar Distribution Company the only importer and retailer for alcohol in Qatar.

Under Qatar's Sharia, it is illegal to show alcohol or be drunk in public.

During the month of Ramadan, eating, drinking, and smoking in public is strictly banned from dawn to sunset.

In common with other Persian Gulf Arab countries, sponsorship laws exist in Qatar. These laws have been widely described as akin to modern-day slavery.

Justin Bieber

Those temperatures will be horrid to play in. Even in the Air Conned Stadiums, if the players want to roam about.......

I agree with you Cic. Surely too many things went against Qatar to still make them the number 1 choice.

McRooster

$45 million = 1 vote  >:(

Imagine how many homeless people could've been placed, how many research organisations funded, how many......... for 45 mill  :'(

Qatar (my daughter thinks it's Guitar) were always going to get it when they pitched on bridging the religious diversity angle, that and the fact that the 2nd? richest oil country in the world probably lined the pockets of the delegation committee with plenty of bribes!

pyronerd

i hope this backfires in FIFAs face, there will be almost no spectators from other countries due to the heat and the absurdly stupid laws regarding alcohol and other things. really i can not believe that this country was chosen to host the world cup

Justin Bieber

Quote from: McRooster on December 03, 2010, 08:34:06 PM

Imagine how many homeless people could've been placed, how many research organisations funded, how many......... for 45 mill  :'(
I agree. Was a waste. Although, if they had used the money better (advertising, the video and whatnot), we could of easily made that and a whole lot more in the future due to the revenue received from the WC. Now I doubt we'll ever see the World Cup in Australia :(.

pyronerd

Quote from: Hellopplz on December 03, 2010, 08:38:58 PM
Quote from: McRooster on December 03, 2010, 08:34:06 PM

I agree. Was a waste. Although, if they had used the money better (advertising, the video and whatnot), we could of easily made that and a whole lot more in the future due to the revenue received from the WC. Now I doubt we'll ever see the World Cup in Australia :(.
definitely, though i dont see how the bid cost 45 mill ??? and unfortunately, due to australias relative isolation in the world countries dont want to send their players all the way here and that will lose us votes for future world cups  :(

RobsOverAchieverss

Its was never going to be held here the time difference is a big issue with sponsors etc... and europe and sth america own football i cant see them getting out of bed at 4am to watch the world cup.

Hawka

i still maintan this is a joke a disgrace bin hamman targeted australia so we got no votes officals lied to our faces  >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

FIFA IS CORRUPT
and  now i  never want australia to get a world cup unless non of the bids are corrput chine or india will get it for asian wen the asia can host the WC agin our nxt chance is in like 30 yrs  :(

but somefin i had to laugh at his my step dad heard that al quadea wants to take over qatar and it will b done by 2022 and america has sayed(obama) to get ready to hosta 2022 cup

did i mention its a joke

RobsOverAchieverss

Quote from: hawka26 on December 03, 2010, 08:56:42 PM
i still maintan this is a joke a disgrace bin hamman targeted australia so we got no votes officals lied to our faces  >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

FIFA IS CORRUPT
and  now i  never want australia to get a world cup unless non of the bids are corrput chine or india will get it for asian wen the asia can host the WC agin our nxt chance is in like 30 yrs  :(

but somefin i had to laugh at his my step dad heard that al quadea wants to take over qatar and it will b done by 2022 and america has sayed(obama) to get ready to hosta 2022 cup

did i mention its a joke
Lol at the al qauda reference

Hawka

pyronerd

RobsOverAchieverss

Justin Bieber

If Al Quedea take over Qatar, Think they can bribe Fifa again to keep the World Cup held there? :P.

The time difference was a big issue. Not happy with that. We got up/ stayed up at that same time to watch the matches. Can't they stick it out as well? Although, they have more people who have to do it ;D.

pyronerd

Quote from: Hellopplz on December 03, 2010, 09:10:14 PM
If Al Quedea take over Qatar, Think they can bribe Fifa again to keep the World Cup held there? :P.

The time difference was a big issue. Not happy with that. We got up/ stayed up at that same time to watch the matches. Can't they stick it out as well? Although, they have more people who have to do it ;D.
i dont see the problem if we play matches in the evening, then the majority of the world, including all of europe, would be able to watch matches at a reasonable time