Hawka

Its almost here the day/morin we have been wating for will we get the cup

Andrew3737

I hope England18 Ozztraylya22

But most prob will be

England18

USA22

Hawka

wen u think about it australia seems the only good choice japan and south korea hosted it 8 yrs ago and dont have the required stadia and there has been issues with north korea

qatar has no football history no alchol dealdy scorpins every were and is just to small

that only leaves australia and the us

Fletch74

But, it will be the USA due to money and politics...!! Timezone won't help either

Fingers crossed I'm wrong

ossie85

I actually don't think Australia should get it. Soccer is the world's most loved game, so why should a country where the sport ranks at best 4th (behing AFL, NRL and cricket) even be in consideration?

Having said that, the US is similar to us, so maybe we are the best option.

Fletch74

Quote from: ossie85 on December 02, 2010, 09:38:38 AM
I actually don't think Australia should get it. Soccer is the world's most loved game, so why should a country where the sport ranks at best 4th (behing AFL, NRL and cricket) even be in consideration?

Having said that, the US is similar to us, so maybe we are the best option.
Showing your allegence  to AFL there Ossie. I understand your argument, but why shouldn't we get the opportunity to host the Worlds most prestigous event, whether it is our 4th ranked football code ATM.

It is no. 1 in junior sports played, just not in viewed by the public. Maybe that will change in 12 years!!

ossie85

Don't get me wrong, I hope we get it. And if we do, I'll attend matches and become a soccer expert no doubt! I love the World Cup! And will go nuts for it :) I'd even accept a screwed up 2022 AFL season :)

Just from an unbias point of view, Australia won't have the same atmosphere. That same cult feel, that dozens of other countries could provide.

Fletch74

Again that might change in 12 years... More people will play it, understand it, grow to like it. We are a multi-cutural society. The atmosphere ATM at an A League match is already pretty good ;)

bomberboy0618

Justin Bieber

Quote from: bomberboy0618 on December 02, 2010, 05:45:29 PM
its tomoz morning yeah?
Yep. Think it's around 2 or 3am. I've got to wake up early so might have to skip it and find out before I leave :'(. Or I can try going to a full day of school with 4 hours sleep........

It's down to US and Australia. Hope the Aussies get it. Football isn't huge in the US either so it's kinda an even playing field. However, more revenue can probably be generated there rather than here due to more stadiums and more capacity allowed for in their ones :(.

McRooster

Qatar's message was about bridging the gap between religious diversity and the Aussies went with a comedic style animated kangaroo (which was well received).
Decision laid down at 1.30am Adelaide time tomorrow, who's going to wait up?
It will be an America's Cup moment, a Sydney Olympic announcement moment, an Aloisi goal moment.......and the winner is ?????

Hawka

got my last day of scool 2moro but il be goin to bed earlier and setin the alarm reckon england wont get the 2018 cup

Andrew3737

Quote from: hawka26 on December 02, 2010, 08:42:47 PM
got my last day of scool 2moro but il be goin to bed earlier and setin the alarm reckon england wont get the 2018 cup

If England don't get it, its a disgrace.

Hawka

i have a feelin russia will get it

Name   Nationality
President
Joseph S. Blatter    Switzerland
Senior Vice-President
Julio Grondona    Argentina
Vice-Presidents
Issa Hayatou    Cameroon
Chung Mong Joon    South Korea
Jack Warner    Trinidad and Tobago
Ángel María Villar    Spain
Michel Platini    France
Reynald Temarii    Tahiti
Geoff Thompson    England
Members
Michel D'Hooghe    Belgium
Ricardo Terra Teixeira    Brazil
Mohammed Bin Hammam    Qatar
Senes Erzik    Turkey
Chuck Blazer    United States of America
Nicolas Leoz    Paraguay
Worawi Makudi    Thailand
Junji Ogura    Japan
Amos Adamu    Nigeria
Marios Lefkaritis    Cyprus
Jacques Anouma    Ivory Coast
Franz Beckenbauer    Germany
Rafael Salguero    Guatemala
Hany Abo Rida    Egypt
Vitaly Mutko    Russia
General Secretary
Jerome Valcke    France

these are the ppl that will vote(take out the nigerian and the tahitian)
if we take out ppl  that are from there own nation or the other 2 officals in usas region there is 17 with all of them from eurpoe,africa or south america(and 1 from thailand) sowe can rule out in the first round 5 votes

and a question doest that david chung guy get a vote for Oceania

Justin Bieber

I probably won't stay up although wouldn't be suprised if I made it to 2.