Quote from: Luigi197 on November 28, 2010, 10:58:00 AM
Quote from: naste on November 28, 2010, 10:54:35 AM
Quote from: Luigi197 on November 28, 2010, 10:37:32 AM
Quote from: BoredSaint on November 28, 2010, 10:35:35 AM
Quote from: Luigi197 on November 28, 2010, 09:53:41 AM
Quote from: BoredSaint on November 28, 2010, 09:51:26 AM
Quote from: Luigi197 on November 28, 2010, 09:48:13 AM
Quote from: BoredSaint on November 28, 2010, 09:45:59 AM
its a pretty good team but they are still one or two years away from being a force

true that, i cant imagine them begin any good for at-least another 3 years.. and for GWS? its gonna take like 10 yrs for them to reach the top eight!.. nd im not jokin :D
yeah in around 2-3 years they'll be alright.. LOL Sheeds will get GWS in the top 8 the first year JKJK :P

agreed for GC, but i cant imagine GWS doin any good coz Sheedy is old and he wont do any good when he's not at Essendon!
I reckon sheeds will only be there for 2 years then mark williams will take over

interesting statement... if Sheedy were to leave.. even though Williams is his assistant now, i still think they would want a.. younger... coach mayb with some AFL experience from the rough Modern game...

Williams has the runs on the board, a good teacher for the up n coming players, so I reckon he would be a reasonable fit. (IMO)

ye i'm not too sure about Williams.... i never wanted him at Windy Hill so for the sake of GWS, i wouldnt want him as  a senior coach there either. Plus unless they get Swan, GWS have no good premiums, at least GC got Ablett...

well williams did get a premiership at port.. so he cant be too bad..
and dont worry about gws.. im sure they're gonna get some players :)

lol got it

Master Q

No one named as Captain JT.

Who do you guys think the GC Captain will be? GAJ?

nas

GAB would have to be the first considered for the C

Junktimer

hawk_88

Apparently the captain is being decided by player vote. I'm only 60% sure it will be GAJ then.

Boomz

U really believe that though?! surely that would have been a part of the contract...

hawk_88

That wouldn't have been part of the contract. I'm not even sure if the AFL allows that sort of thing.

It certainly would have been discussed to try and bring him to the Suns. However you don't implement these things as a coach or whoever these days. Clubs are about empowering players, developing leadership groups, "brands", goals, culture etc. You would put players offside by mandating something like that.

Personally I don't see Ablett as a natural leader on or off the field. Of that group I would see Bock, Brown or even Rischitelli as a captain before Ablett.

Maca24

think gaza is the only real option for captain.
if not him then campbell brown.

Barlow 21

Quote from: hawk_88 on November 28, 2010, 03:22:51 PM
Apparently the captain is being decided by player vote. I'm only 60% sure it will be GAJ then.
Everyone would want GAJ as captain! Who else would captain?

Luigi197

Quote from: Barlow 21 on November 29, 2010, 05:43:39 PM

true that

hawk_88

Quote from: Barlow 21 on November 29, 2010, 05:43:39 PM

Why is he automatically the captain? He has never really displayed any great leadership ability. His approach to football (and I don't mean this as a criticism) has always been very reserved and inward focused. His style of footy does bring others into the game, he doesn't actively lead or interact with other players in the way others do, he doesn't even always show up for games if he is injured and not playing. You watch him in awe, but I can't imagine he inspires you.

Like I said, this isn't a criticism. Not everyone is a natural born leader and clearly he goes about footy in a way that suits him and gets the best out of his amazing ability.That isn't to say he isn't a team player, but a good team player doesn't mean a good team leader and being the player with the best ability shouldn't automatically make you captain.

As I said above, Bock, Brown and Rischitelli would be better suited to be a captain that Ablett.

supercoach addict

lol @ Josh Fraser, can't even get on the bench at GC

browny_wce

Quote from: BoredSaint on November 28, 2010, 11:25:53 AM
Quote from: Luigi197 on November 28, 2010, 10:58:00 AM
Quote from: naste on November 28, 2010, 10:54:35 AM
Quote from: Luigi197 on November 28, 2010, 10:37:32 AM
Quote from: BoredSaint on November 28, 2010, 10:35:35 AM
Quote from: Luigi197 on November 28, 2010, 09:53:41 AM
Quote from: BoredSaint on November 28, 2010, 09:51:26 AM
Quote from: Luigi197 on November 28, 2010, 09:48:13 AM
Quote from: BoredSaint on November 28, 2010, 09:45:59 AM
its a pretty good team but they are still one or two years away from being a force

true that, i cant imagine them begin any good for at-least another 3 years.. and for GWS? its gonna take like 10 yrs for them to reach the top eight!.. nd im not jokin :D
yeah in around 2-3 years they'll be alright.. LOL Sheeds will get GWS in the top 8 the first year JKJK :P

agreed for GC, but i cant imagine GWS doin any good coz Sheedy is old and he wont do any good when he's not at Essendon!
I reckon sheeds will only be there for 2 years then mark williams will take over

interesting statement... if Sheedy were to leave.. even though Williams is his assistant now, i still think they would want a.. younger... coach mayb with some AFL experience from the rough Modern game...

Williams has the runs on the board, a good teacher for the up n coming players, so I reckon he would be a reasonable fit. (IMO)

ye i'm not too sure about Williams.... i never wanted him at Windy Hill so for the sake of GWS, i wouldnt want him as  a senior coach there either. Plus unless they get Swan, GWS have no good premiums, at least GC got Ablett...

well williams did get a premiership at port.. so he cant be too bad..
and dont worry about gws.. im sure they're gonna get some players :)
theyll get a superstar no doubt about it, Mcguire wont let Swan go

Cicjose

I think that schammer could go to GWS. (That is a good thing for Fremantle)

Luigi197

Hey people check this out for some info on the GC team from the HErald Sun online:
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/future-looks-golden-for-the-suns/story-e6frf9jf-1225965691997

and also check out todays (5 December) Sunday Herald SUn for their opinion on the starting 22. ... (no Prestia!??)