Main Menu

UFC

Started by Hawka, November 13, 2010, 01:41:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jvalles69

Al Iaquinta to fight Khabib...good on him for stepping in, but we're going to see a mauling here.

j959

McGregor = wtf??
Was he on meth/coke??!! :o   :p  :x

Quote from: jvalles69 on April 07, 2018, 01:19:26 AM
Quote from: Mat0369 on April 07, 2018, 12:52:53 AM
Holloway declared medically unfit and pulled from the card. He couldn't make weight

This card is shaping up to be an utter disaster!  Dana asked Holloway and Ortega to take the fight on shot notice, both said yes but Dana choice Max.  Way too late to put Ortega in there although he prob will say yes.
to be fair on Holloway, it was like 6 days notice yeah? Ortega would've been good to but it wouldn't have been a 'superfight' then, so understand that as a commercial decision (Max > Brian) ...

Quote from: jvalles69 on April 07, 2018, 11:34:52 AM
Al Iaquinta to fight Khabib...good on him for stepping in, but we're going to see a mauling here.
I like Iaquinta, but yes will be a mauling ... lucky I didn't move my schedule to go see this card live ... my thoughts are still ...

McGregor, wtf???!?!?!!!!  ;)

jvalles69

Current season of TUF looks good, all the fighters are undefeated with DC and Stipe as coaches.

jvalles69

Few days late, but...

Khabib vs Conor!

Dudge

Quote from: jvalles69 on August 06, 2018, 01:40:25 PM
Few days late, but...

Khabib vs Conor!

So who's everyone got? For me i think Khabib. No doubt Conner can sleep him early, but gut says otherwise

jvalles69

Think anyone can win that fight to be honest, I'm hoping it's Khabib, won't be able to stand it if Conor wins, depends who's game plan comes to fruition and who the momentum goes with.  Can Khabib stand and bang with Conor? I think so and Khabib's chin is rock solid.  Can Conor stop Khabib's take downs?  HELL NO! Would love to see Khabib get him down and pummel him into a TKO.

Whole UFC 229 card looks very solid too.

UFC 228 was worth the watch as well, Woodley proving he's the smartest guy in the Octagon.

Keeper27

Quote from: Dudge on September 11, 2018, 09:37:55 PM
Quote from: jvalles69 on August 06, 2018, 01:40:25 PM
Few days late, but...
Khabib vs Conor!

So who's everyone got? For me i think Khabib. No doubt Conner can sleep him early, but gut says otherwise

this is the type of fight that can go either way...

Khabib will go straight ahead and that tactic could get him KO's by Conor's counter punch.
BUT... if Khabib can take it (which i feeling he can) and push through and he grabs Conor it could be some very LONG and painful rounds for Conor, especially when he doesn't have a big tank like Khabib does
His fight with Barboza shows what he can do when he gets on top of someone. he punished that guy for fun.

I'd say Khabib by unanimous decision.
He'll ragdoll Conor for all the rounds.

crowls

agree,  cannot see conor taking out khabib.   khabib will take him down and beat the shower out of him.

jvalles69

I don't see how it goes the full 5 rounds considering how easily Conor tapped out to Diaz.  Khabib get's KO'd, or Conor won't be able to stand by the 3rd-4th round by himself.

Keeper27

Quote from: jvalles69 on September 13, 2018, 10:13:47 AM
I don't see how it goes the full 5 rounds considering how easily Conor tapped out to Diaz.  Khabib get's KO'd, or Conor won't be able to stand by the 3rd-4th round by himself.

I'm sure Barboza felt the same way everytime he looked at the ref for a stoppage.
Plus i reckon that he could take the early punches from Conor, remember in the fight against Johnson and he copped that early right/left combo and he was slightly shaken but still walked forward toward Johnson.... no one has REALLY hurt him with punches.
Plus i feel Khabib's MASSIVE tank will help as he'll tire out Conor by being on top of him.

jvalles69

Quote from: Keeper27 on September 13, 2018, 05:01:39 PM

I'm sure Barboza felt the same way everytime he looked at the ref for a stoppage.
Plus i reckon that he could take the early punches from Conor, remember in the fight against Johnson and he copped that early right/left combo and he was slightly shaken but still walked forward toward Johnson.... no one has REALLY hurt him with punches.
Plus i feel Khabib's MASSIVE tank will help as he'll tire out Conor by being on top of him.

Honestly I expect Khabib to play with Conor till he decides he wants to end the fight, then I expect him to call Tony to come to the ring because he's still fresh.  :o

Keeper27

Quote from: jvalles69 on September 13, 2018, 10:34:27 PM

Honestly I expect Khabib to play with Conor till he decides he wants to end the fight, then I expect him to call Tony to come to the ring because he's still fresh.  :o

Would love a Tony/Khabib fight.
If Khabib can beat both guys then i seriously see him go up in weight to fight GSP.
He's mentioned that he wants GSP but he needs to finish Conor and Tony first

jvalles69

Quote from: Keeper27 on September 13, 2018, 11:31:26 PM
Quote from: jvalles69 on September 13, 2018, 10:34:27 PM

Would love a Tony/Khabib fight.
If Khabib can beat both guys then i seriously see him go up in weight to fight GSP.

Khabib vs GSP would be incredible, I know GSP says he's only got a couple more fights in him and he wants super fights to maximise his pay day.  It'll prob be like passing the torch if GSP loses that.

Keeper27

Quote from: jvalles69 on September 14, 2018, 10:05:40 AM
Quote from: Keeper27 on September 13, 2018, 11:31:26 PM

Khabib vs GSP would be incredible, I know GSP says he's only got a couple more fights in him and he wants super fights to maximise his pay day.  It'll prob be like passing the torch if GSP loses that.

agreed. either way it'd definitely be worth watching.

Dudge

Man oh Man, wow wee