Main Menu

2011 Fixture Strategy

Started by Verbal Kint, October 29, 2010, 12:09:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SydneyRox

Very nice Jimmy. Makes me wonder why I am thinking so hard about it all in November!!

jimmytigs

Quote from: SydneyRox on November 26, 2010, 06:38:56 PM
Very nice Jimmy. Makes me wonder why I am thinking so hard about it all in November!!

Dont worry mate im living on the bar strip in angeles city philippines with around 5,000 nubile & willing filipinas(balibago.org) as a retired 42yo,so if anyone should have plenty of distractions from sc & dt till at least feb then its me.But alas i am hooked so i just run with it.

Barlow 21

Cicjose

i want to have what he's having

DT87

To get back on topic, I've been thinking that trying to avoid byes when upgrading will be a dog next year, especially for people aiming for a league win. Obviously upgrading to Freo, Brisbane, Sydney and Melbourne players avoids byes, but other than that the only team to have their playing bye/s complete before the end of Round 9 is Adelaide, and they don't have any particularly good upgrade targets. After that GC have their second bye in Round 9, Richmond have their only playing bye in Round 11, then finally Collingwood and the Saints have their second byes in Round 13 and 14 respectively.

As for people who are aiming to win the car, 12 teams (including Geelong, Bulldogs and Saints) have a bye in the first 6 rounds, which gives plenty of options for early upgrades if you are willing to cop one bye.

cookie311993

got to look at Brownie and black. shower club but they always perform. what about little Jack Riewolt. HAs a stunning 2010 and i think he will continue that on into 2011

Cicjose

I think both are now nearly instant locks if it weren't for the bye

RiOtChEsS

Cicjose

http://dreamteamtalk.com/2010/11/03/afl-dream-team-strategy-how-to-win-your-league-in-2011/

No league games in round 4, 5, 6, 16 or 19. The rest will be all league games… 15 weeks of head to head, then 4 weeks of finals.

Wes Mantooth

Quote from: Cicjose on December 01, 2010, 10:07:54 PM
http://dreamteamtalk.com/2010/11/03/afl-dream-team-strategy-how-to-win-your-league-in-2011/

No league games in round 4, 5, 6, 16 or 19. The rest will be all league games… 15 weeks of head to head, then 4 weeks of finals.

i think this will see more people creating 'two teams' to try to will league and the car as the grey area between these two goals has grown this yr with the byes

Cicjose

I hope we turn to normality next year when Giant Wank Stain come into the competition

Wes Mantooth

Quote from: Cicjose on December 07, 2010, 12:14:19 AM
I hope we turn to normality next year when Giant Wank Stain come into the competition

haha

golden whale scrotum

Barlow 21

Junktimer

i will be predominantly picking those who don't have a bye late.  i will be upgrading mostly to players with 1 less or no byes left to fully take advantage of this.

SydneyRox

Agree, will be doing my best to get players who are done with byes early. Means GAJ is a prime upgrade target round 10 and then collingwood players round 14, st kilda round 15, which hopefully means my team is set and ready to rock round 15 with only emergency trades required from there