Main Menu

2011 Fixture Strategy

Started by Verbal Kint, October 29, 2010, 12:09:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Verbal Kint

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/afl-fixture-2011

Now that the fixtures are out we can now crack on with planning around the byes.

A couple of things that jump out are that Gold Coast upgrades look good for round 10 as they would have completed both of their byes by then.  Maybe an ideal time to bring in Ablett...  Also, Geelong have a bye in round 22 which puts me off selecting keepers from them.

Any thoughts on how you'll tackle the byes?

Holz

i will be loading up on stkilda and collingwood premiums come round 14, planning to end with a midfield of Swan,Boyd, Montagna, Hayes, Pendles, Anthony by than

Alphaman

also collingwood have 2 byes, i wont select swan until later in the season

ossie85

I think I'll be staying away from Judd, don't want to worry about having to trade a premium in the prelim.

Essendon a no-no

Fletch74

Quote from: Holzman on October 29, 2010, 04:21:36 PM
i will be loading up on stkilda and collingwood premiums come round 14, planning to end with a midfield of Swan,Boyd, Montagna, Hayes, Pendles, Anthony by than
Nice idea Holz with the byes gone for thpose teams, but you still have to be weary of the self imposed byes issued by the clubs resting players prior to the finals.

Longer season, more likely to rest players IMO.

DT87

Brisbane, Fremantle, Melbourne and Sydney all have both of their byes in three bye rounds (hence no byes in DT finals), which makes premiums from these teams good picks. It's also significant that rounds 4, 5 and 6 are all three bye rounds.

I definitely agree that Ablett is a Round 10 upgrade target, not a starter.

ridley

Quote from: Fletch74 on October 30, 2010, 10:33:29 AM
Nice idea Holz with the byes gone for thpose teams, but you still have to be weary of the self imposed byes issued by the clubs resting players prior to the finals.

not neccesarily, as the byes will allow players to have that extra rest and help them overcome "general soreness...these byes should help prevent end of season resting i.e. collingwood have a bye in rnd 7 and 13. this is ideal as it gives them 11 rounds to run into the finals in form. coming off only 5 games of footy in 7 weeks.

Fletch74

Quote from: ridley on October 30, 2010, 04:50:18 PM
Quote from: Fletch74 on October 30, 2010, 10:33:29 AM

not neccesarily, as the byes will allow players to have that extra rest and help them overcome "general soreness...these byes should help prevent end of season resting i.e. collingwood have a bye in rnd 7 and 13. this is ideal as it gives them 11 rounds to run into the finals in form. coming off only 5 games of footy in 7 weeks.
You could be right, but I'll bet they will.

Holz

swan didnt get rested this year so is even less likely less year, collingwood dont rest alot of players, im a bit worried about stkilda though, thats why i get some MPP guys in late in the season, mcniel was a lifesaver this year

elephants

people thinking of not starting with swannie ???????????????????????

Holz

i will deifnately be starting swannie however the fixture means i want be starting both boyd and montagna due to them both having a by in the same week and i cant afford to have a bad week

Justin Bieber

Quote from: elephants on November 01, 2010, 07:22:33 PM
people thinking of not starting with swannie ???????????????????????
I'm not. But I have a price limit. I'll upgrade to him when he drops in price 8). It ALWAYS happens to premiums (Well 99% of the time) ;).

CFC 1979

god it's november and my head is going to explode :o

jimmytigs

i posted this elsewhere,most of it is applicable here

lions,dockers,dees,swans-0 bye
crows,hawks,saints,tigers,eagles,dogs-1 bye
cats-1 bye(finals)
pies,suns,power-2 byes
blues,bombers,roos-2 byes inc 1 in finals

The ever annoying who should i choose questions now have some obvious answers.You know the ones where your tearing your hair out trying to choose between 2 players.Heres some examples-
g.jakovich vs a.tarpey
t.lockett vs s.minton connell
w.carey vs d.ogier
j.dunstall vs l.schacke(rip)
p.farmer vs harry madden
r.flower vs scratcher neal
krakouer bros vs the sidebottoms
madonna vs k.minogue
mohammed ali vs buster douglas
WHO SHOULD I PICK?
Well now you have the info on the byes,so if its a line ball choice(unlike any of above lol) between players of 2 clubs its going to be a lot easier.

jimmytigs plan for trades next season barring disaster is as follows,1 trade in rounds 9-12,2 trades in rounds 13-15,17-18 & 20-24.No trades in the 5 non active rounds,shouldnt need to trade rounds 1-3 & hold my breath rounds 7 & 8.I f i see that im playing an absolute spastic in a later round i will bring forward a trade or 2 to round 7 or 8.All sounds so easy doesnt it?

elephants