Key Moments in your GF Win

Started by Hazza09, August 29, 2010, 09:37:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hazza09

Just wanted to know where everyones team's went right in there Grand Final win.

With no trades and 3 donuts (Enright, Hodge, Kennelly) my 3 GF wins basically came down to:

David Ellard (107) Covering for J Brown
Luke Shuey (83) Covering for Watson

I had a few small wins across the ground, Jolly & Harvey, but the big one was Cyril last week for Pav (111, 115)

How did everyone else go?

CFC 1979

special mention to my benchies; shuey + TDL well done
also MPP moving dids to mids bench for shuey and chappy to foward as i had brown also out
and dougherty to backs for hodge to mids bringing my second bench on

but the big cudo's goes to my captain, the man nearly all have foresaken for the imposter at collingwood ------------- mister Gary Ablett jnr

a magnificent 177 which absolutely outstripped goddard (opponents captain)

the guy i played was top of ladder 15-0 and was ranked 580 in SC

i am ranked @ 74 000 making this one of the biggest upsets in history

i played the last three rounds with 4 trades and did not touch them.
then i unleashed the trades in the finals

back to back for the holy grail hunters

RiOtChEsS

great work CFC thats some solid coaching right there that guy would be wounded my kudos would too go to inspector GAJet who put a beat down on Goddard in the captain battle honourable mention/coaches trophy  too Ellard aswell

bluedreamin

Similar story to Carlton 1979. Went up against an opponent who had not lost a match all season - he had Goddard as captain but I kept the faith in GAJ and, boy, did he repay it in full. Little bloody legend. Came into the finals with 3 trades and held my nerve to keep 2 all the way through to the GF, which saved me in the end with all those outs. Can't believe it is all over now... *sniff*... :)

bonebones

Pavlich getting back to some proper sc points was a brilliant start to my GF win.

ossie85

Freaked out before lock-out and gave Selwood the captaincy instead of my usual Ablett. Only for Selwood to withdraw, and my vice-captain Ablett to shine. That was my moment lol

Cruiseon

Well when Selwood pulled out I thought Moles will have to do the job. When Enright pulled out I thought, sh*t Smith from WC will have to do the job, then when Kenelly pulled out I just thought sh*******t, especially as my opponent had none of these players.

But inch by inch we wore them down, managed 2290 with an unexpected donut and 2 emergenices. Back to back!!!

tony73

When the teams were named Thursday and the outs, minimal pain for me, no Brown, Podsy, Higgins, Hunt, Watson, Selwood, Kennely in my team. Had a full list bar Hodge with cover everywhere but the Backs

Juddy got the ball rolling Friday night but was not supported by Waite or Scottland

Copped pain with Enright out as Waters had already come in for Hodge but all 5 opponents had the same pain! Nullified!

Was probably the least worrying game for me all year and was fairly confident Friday arvo

Cambo

In all seriousness.... The key GF moment for me was at the start of the year  ::)  Picking the right rookies (cash cows) from the start that allowed me to build a stong team  ;D

Hazza09

If i see Ellard or Shuey out and about ill personally thank them for the $650 i won  ;D

These boys got me over the line in time of need  8)

thatguy

i have to thank mr lance buddy franklin.
brought him in for the pav in prelim week, delivered for me in both games. won the GF despite being 2 men down (hodge and enright + hunt was my emergency).

finished ranked just outside top 200 overall beat a side higher than me!

Dan1234756

Firstly in round 6 when i got Swanny in to the team for    IN Swan ($574,800). Hardly any one else had him in the league.

Me: GAJ 177 (C)   Opponent Swan (C)

Didn't get a chance to upgrade Greenwood in the backline (Had him from the start). He pulled a 125 in the GF to cover for Enright :)

Pods --> Chappy the day before the GF started was good too.

Torress

gazza captain won me the GF! with selwood a late withdrawal i got a bit excited!