2011: 33 Man Squad! What does this mean for the Salary Cap?

Started by rocca, August 25, 2010, 02:57:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rocca

So there are going to be 33 man squads in '11. Strategy is therefore going to be HUGE! with 24 trades isn't a huge help either, but what does this mean for the salary cap? or player prices? does anybody have any info or suggestions!!?

Check out this news article confirming it, some interesting views put forward... http://2011dreamteamblog.wordpress.com/2010/08/25/33-man-squads-confirmed-salary-cap-likely-to-boom/

RiOtChEsS

ossie85

Reckon should be discussed over the 2011 fantasy rules section.

For what its worth, it is going to be CRUCIAL to look at the draw before selecting a team. If Geelong have a bye in the final round - i.e. the Grand Final - will you be selecting those players?

I don't want the salary cap increased TOO much. 10% at MOST cos you have 10% more players. But, I'd rather only a 5% increase or so, as people will stack there starting 22

Boomz

rocca

Justin Bieber

Quote from: ossie85 on August 25, 2010, 03:12:21 PM
For what its worth, it is going to be CRUCIAL to look at the draw before selecting a team. If Geelong have a bye in the final round - i.e. the Grand Final - will you be selecting those players?
If Geelong have a bye for the final round, I'll start dropping them a few rounds before so I can benefit them early on in the season.

At least teams will look a little more individual next year ::).

elephants

not only the grand final will have to be looked at but also the grudge matches or top of the table clashes. there will be a lot of startagy next year :)

rocca

Hawka

elephants

looks pretty good,

you do have a lot of saints but that is not necessarily a bad thing until they have their bye. also looks to be a bit pricey? not by much but thats just by the looks. can i become a member of your site and my post my possible team for next year? thanks and all the best for next year :)

rocca

Quote from: elephants on August 25, 2010, 08:07:41 PM
looks pretty good,

you do have a lot of saints but that is not necessarily a bad thing until they have their bye. also looks to be a bit pricey? not by much but thats just by the looks. can i become a member of your site and my post my possible team for next year? thanks and all the best for next year :)

you just need to make a wordpress blog, on wordpress.com. Then you can view , comment or subscribe to other blogs and you can also write your own blog ;D

Justin Bieber

Go to the website section at the bottom of the teams boards. Alot of the blogs by users here are through wordpress. Could look at joing Q's Great DT blog.

I would love to see how people will handle the bye. Cop a bunch of donuts one week to reap the benefits the next few? I doubt that!!