Grand Final Team - What Trade To Make?

Started by CrowsFan, August 23, 2010, 04:30:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CrowsFan

Ok so here is my team for the most important round of the season:

Backs
Goddard, Hodge, Enright, Malceski, Gilbee, Waters, Goodwin (Davis, Henderson)
Mids
Swan, Ablett, Pendlebury, Dal Santo, Gibbs, Boyd (Moles, McNeil)
Rucks
Cox, Naitanui (Trengov, Warnock)
Forwards
Chapman, Didak, Goodes, O'Keefe, Brown, Rockliff, N Riewoldt (Jaensch, Ballantyne)

So I have 1 trade left and $36,500 in the bank. The trade I am thinking of is finally getting rid of Goodwin and so can afford any defender. I was thinking either Johncock (vs Saints) or Broughton (vs Carlton), who are both in good form. Or maybe Lake (vs Bombers) but he hasn't scored over 100 in the last 3 matches. Who would you recommend? Or is there another trade I should be making?
Obviously it will all depend on the squads being named on Thursday/Friday, but just wanted to get thoughts now.

Nuffman

Hard to go past Broughton (or even Duffield) at Subi.. Lake is struggling with that hip injury he's carrying...

CrowsFan

Yeah that's what I was thinking. All the teams I'm playing have Duffield so thought I would go for a different player. You don't rate Johncock at aami?

CrowsFan

Ok so with Hodge out (and obviously Goodwin) I will play Davis and Henderson as cover and hope for no withdrawals from the final teams.
Mids are all set to play with Moles as emergency.
Rucks. Should I play Nic Nat or Warnock (or maybe Trengove)? I am worried that both Cox and Nat wont score that highly.
Forwards is now where I have the dilemma. Didak and Brown both out. Jaensch comes on as a replacement for Brown, and with Balla named as emergency I will do the same. So just need to replace Didak. Can afford any player. Who do you recommend?

CFC 1979

stiffy is in sensational form atm

wouldn't hesitate grabbing him