Main Menu

Spots to be filled with Draft

Started by Master Q, August 18, 2010, 05:17:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Master Q

Where do you think they should use there draft picks. They have a lot but what I mean is like where should use the first couple or where should they focus on.

I think they could use a couple on the Forward line as I don't think they have any strong forwards, and hopefully they can build someone like Tippett.

Alex7089

Toy/Hunt is a start.

I think they could be used as serious trade bait, I mean, teams will give a lot for a high draft when it is the only way to get one.

Master Q

They already have those guys, I'm talking about the positions they should focus on filling in the draft.

Hawka

i think they need tall key fwd and defs to devolp they dont have to be ready made just to be redy made and strong when the players they sign from clubs eg.bock retire

Kazahkstan

I'm thinking when Bock and co. retire, the young fellas we sign in the first year will be ready to step up and fill the spot.

There's also Coad, who some people are forgetting about. Was in pretty good form until he got injured.

Here's a mock list for 2011, but I'm thinking a young key forward prospect would be handy for the future.
http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/showthread.php?t=717621

Justin Bieber

KPP take longer to develop so should raft a few now. Give them time to grow and experience. Then should be right by the time they push for the finals.

ossie85

Making it too difficult, get the best players you can get with the picks you have left. If they're all midfieders, or all kpp, doesn't matter, you can fix holes later.

Alex7089

ossie I think that more applies when you DON'T have the first 10 or so picks.
If I was them I would get the best available then go with holes.

Kazahkstan

Hawka

nas

Cruiseon

There has been some talk of Dean Cox being next. Give the chance for some of the younger bigger bodies to mature for a few years.

Justin Bieber

First picks likely set. And they should be great building blocks for the team.

2 well off ready to go midfielders and a project KPP.

Hawka

And dont forget a good young ruck in zac smith  ;)

EAGLE4LIFE

yeh they are going to need someone to help young zac out though