Long time reader, First time writer :)

Started by numberwang, July 13, 2010, 11:32:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

numberwang

Okay...6 trades, 316K in the bank. Ranked top 10K...avg 2062.

Goddard, Enright, Hodge, Mackie, Gilbert, H Shaw, Waters (Strijk, Nason)

Bartel, Montagna, Pendles, Swan, Stanton, Connors (Gysberts, Shuey)

Hille, Sandilands (Warnock, Lobbe)

Brown, ROK, Gia, Ballantyne, Hall, Thomas, Pods (Davis, Hitchcock)

BACKS: I like my bench cover in backs and my backline, served me well.
MIDS: Gone with Connors for Barlow. Stants is a worry. Gotta ride it out.
RUCK: Hille is a worry but Lobbe will play every game this season now.
FWDS: Hall and Ballantyne. They have to go.

3 upgrades, possibly 4 if I want to turn Connors into a premium mid.
These will take place over the final home and away games, leaving 2-3 trades for injuries.

So...questions seeking advice...

a. Do I ride Hille out with Lobbe covering until he returns for finals incase to preserve trades or do I make use of his high BE and bring someone in?

b. Balla and Hall have to go. Fwd bench is reliable. Even though Hall can produce scores, he's physically a liability and Balla...don't me started. Browndawg is back. Two proven forwards? Pavlich, Franklin, Goodes, Jack Voldt? One will be Nick Voldt when he drops to a reasonable price.

c. Connors upgrade if I need it for a final - Boyd, Judd, Green?

ps. Don't want Chappy or Ablett.

Thanks for the help in advance.

elxam

that's a lot of $ sitting in the bank while you have people like lobbe and balla calling the shots on the field.

Get rid of Balla for someone decent like Boomer and then wait for Roo's price to plummet and swoop, using Hall if you have to.

Leave Lobbe there till Hille comes back as you'll need those trades.

Hall can be interesting comes final time if the dogs are playing for the top 4.

Connors, like Hall, should be one of your last trades (upgrades)

numberwang

Thanks...yeah I'm in a position with my leagues where I score enough to win games without needing to upgrade the likes of Balla and where I can use Lobbe to get by. Yes Hall could be interesting.
Why Boomer?

elxam

buddy if you can, someone who's proven and can run all day.... no specific reason, just a generalisation as you'll sure find out when their prices fluctuate

numberwang

Ok no problem, thanks.
Any other advice?

daddsy404

In my opinion your major concern is Hille. Is still 2-3 weeks on the injury list even after about 5 weeks of being that status. Bring in Cox for Hille as a straight trade and there is your rucks covered.

Then, either this week or next week bring in Franklin/Didak/Goodes/Pav (in that order of preference) for Ballantyne. This leaves you with between 100 and 150g left over to work with

Next week or the week after, use that cash to upgrade Hall to Nicky Voldt. Depending on price changes I'm thinking this should leave you with about 75 g in the bank. Up to you whether you save that money for injuries or decide later on to upgrade Collins, personally I'd wait and save it for any injuries. Then your team is set