Confused over gameplan in lead up to finals...

Started by Arvs, July 12, 2010, 11:59:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arvs

Hi guys, any pointers would be massively appreciated here...usually I have a good idea of what/where my next few trades need to be but right now I'm a bit stuck...thought I had a gameplan but then Henderson and Webberley pop up for some nice scores, and Martin is averaging 90+ for the last 5 weeks

• Obviously there's a Ziebell trade needed there.  I'm thinking Buddy or Roo later on.
  • I'm only really going for the league win, and I've calculated that I won't catch 2nd place (2 games behind)  and I can't fall below 6th really.
  • Could Ballantyne stay as my 8th forward when Brown is back?  This would mean that the Ziebell upgrade would complete my forwards.

Can't decide where my trades/money are best spent at the moment.  ???

Thanks for reading...

Jozz

dont kno if u kno this but to improve ur team u could swith ziebell higgins so JZ is on mid bench and higgins is on fwd line that would make ur current team stronger

the other problem i c is if u do choose balla as ur fwd cover he could score 100 or 10 depending but if not ur current plan seems fine  :D

Arvs

Thanks Jozz.
Yeah I know, friggen Balla.

Yeah actually JZ was on my mid bench for the previous round so I did get Higgins score in the fwds (see scores on the right). I was stuffing around subbing Higgins onto mid bench because if I trade out JZ while he's in the mids - there goes all my multi-position capability with Chappy/Pav/Goodes...

Also, just to add more options to confuse with - I have the ability to swap Henderson and Davis around, if Henderson can back up his 119 with some kind of consistency.  Would still have Maguire/Webberley as 7th/8th backs.

Lenny09

spike#12

Trade out ziebell for a 77800 player, then bank a pile of cash, upgrade balla to the best person, Then come finals you will have plenty off trades and can upgrade weekly if needed to better your chances of winning

WatsamataU

how do you get the image of your dt team on the thread?

sluga

Swap Higgins into the forward line and Ziebell into the midfield.

Trade Ziebell to Blair for Collingwood.

Then upgrade to Maquire to Lake.

This will leave you with about $211K for the following week to then upgrade Martin for which ever midfield player you want or to keep the MMP then Didak, Harvey, O’Keefe or the like.

Also swap Henderson to forward and Davis to back and put Ballantyne on your bench.

Doing this you will 4 trades left and a much better team to head into the finals with.

Arvs

Quote from: Lenny09 on July 13, 2010, 09:43:28 AM
Whats your team ranked?

6,292.  This is my 2nd season, u reckon I'm doing alright?? I've managed to have the top 5 price gainers last I checked, but to hit the top 1000 seems so far away, feck knows what I would have needed to do improve by heaps, apart from pick even more/better rookies from the start, but this year is probably a bit of a freak year for that I think.

Quote from: sluga on July 13, 2010, 01:12:35 PM
Swap Higgins into the forward line and Ziebell into the midfield.

Trade Ziebell to Blair for Collingwood.

Then upgrade to Maquire to Lake.

This will leave you with about $211K for the following week to then upgrade Martin for which ever midfield player you want or to keep the MMP then Didak, Harvey, O’Keefe or the like.

Also swap Henderson to forward and Davis to back and put Ballantyne on your bench.

Doing this you will 4 trades left and a much better team to head into the finals with.

Thanks for that sluga.  Lake is the man, would be nice to have him in my backs.  A few weeks ago I thought my backline was pretty schmick, they all hit 100+, but this week was showere...

If Martin cracks 90 again, I reckon he stays for another week or two, some more upside to him.  I worry about Blair though, I think I'll definitely need  to trade Martin for a DPP player for that reason.

Looks like you think the fwd line up of Chapman/Pavlich/Goodes/Pods/Rockliffe/Higgins (J Brown, Henderson) is good enough for finals?

sluga

The forward is definately good enough for files the only guys that could possibly make it better would be buddy or Riewoldt. But the question would be which guy to take out. Probably either Rockcliffe or Higgins, however either guy is capable of good scores. I think that by leaving PODS in for the GF will be a good thing because Geelongs last game is against West Coast at Skilled.

You have plenty of coverage in your forward and backline so keeping davis and henderson would be suggested.

Once the finals hit you have Webberley to sell to the cheapest rookie and get cash from to use the last three trades to cover any injuries or to better players during the finals series.